Sign in to follow this  
bigbirney420

Q 15 with or without BP

Ok I have read many posts and I think its something I will need. The Q cant take 2000w daily I dont think. I want to run my Autotek mm2000.1. If I buy the dual 1 and run in at 2 ohms the Q will get 1500 daily. I dont really compete, just little local shows. I think that much daily I should probably get the BP option just to be safe. Does it take away from SQ with the changes that are made? Am I better off selling my amp and buying something smaller?

You've been here two years and don't have any patience? I'm sorry...most people on other forums realize that the posters do other things and a few days' wait isn't a big deal.

Few days to wait is ridiculous when 15-20 people look at it and read it without a reply, especially when there are multiple posts to every thread on the top and bottom of mine. I just figured the forum boner would have better information and help. Not to mention was trying to buy something this weekend so wanted a few questions answered beforehand.

Edited by bigbirney420

my fosgate was tested at 1230, i got the bp power and not sure if i needed to. i did it cause i'm in a big ported box, but i think it can handle a lot more! i wouldn't sell the amp, at worst you just have to turn the gain down a little. and the SQ is amazing from this woofer, only other woofer i've heard with the same SQ is a treo sub, but it didn't put down near the amount of bass!! 1500 watts should be no problem, especially after you calculate voltage loss, and loss of power through wiring, plenty fine with bp power.

i got it so that i could beat on it a little more

Few days to wait is ridiculous when 15-20 people look at it and read it without a reply, especially when there are multiple posts to every thread on the top and bottom of mine.
As soon as I get paid for replying here, I'll be sure to be more punctual. Won't happen again; sire.

i would get, it wont hurt

Not totally true...

Few days to wait is ridiculous when 15-20 people look at it and read it without a reply, especially when there are multiple posts to every thread on the top and bottom of mine.
As soon as I get paid for replying here, I'll be sure to be more punctual. Won't happen again; sire.
i would get, it wont hurt

Not totally true...

I wasnt specifically addressing you, I hope there is more than 1 person on this forum with any experience or knowledge. I am a member of many forums, and this one might just have less traffic. Or it could be that everyone comes here with questions and very few have the answers, thats why so many questions dont get addressed, and not just mine. Since you didnt add any beneficial input to it, you might as well not post in it

what do you mean not totally true? you're saying getting the bp power option would hurt???

Sign in to follow this