Sign in to follow this  

has anyone had expeirience with these or the 4000 what are the + and- to them? Are they power hungery compaired to other amps in the same power class?

Thanks MC

The older ones are higher quality than the new ones. I'd avoid the new ones.

I have the opti 6000D, had it benched for me & it put out 3500 rms @ 4 ohms. Was benched on 2 yellow tops, 1 up front & 1 in back. Did very well & was efficient.

Edit: After rise during the bench, it did the 3500 rms @ 5.1 ohms

I didn't have the 2 ohm & 1 ohm testings done because we had no subs that could take the power!

I am currently using it in my car w/ a 70 amp alternator, stock front battery & Kinetik 2400 in the trunk, I have a constant 14.5V reading at normal listening levels, when I turn it up I have a 13.5V reading, so for me that is not a bad dip at all, but I am not sure what a bad voltage drop is. I assume it's 12.5 or below.

Hope that helps!

Edited by thedukey42

I have the opti 6000D, had it benched for me & it put out 3500 rms @ 4 ohms. Was benched on 2 yellow tops, 1 up front & 1 in back. Did very well & was efficient.

Edit: After rise during the bench, it did the 3500 rms @ 5.1 ohms

what kind of voltage was it getting during that bench test I mean that's pretty inpressive if it's that under rated. Do you know how it does on say 10 to 12 volt not that that is what I would have but if the voltage drops then I don't want it to go puff.

Similar to the SS XXX 10000. I have seen posts on a couple of forums with people getting SLIGHT gains going from the SS10000 to the Opti6000.

I owned the Opti4000D and loved it. Ran it on (4) AA Avalanche 15's in my suburban and on a (16) 10" setup for a couple of months. (2) batteries up front and a stock alt. Never had voltage problems.

I debated for a long time between the Opti6000D and the IA 40.1s. I was able to pick up (4) 40.1's used for $3000, so I went that route.

Brian

The older ones are higher quality than the new ones. I'd avoid the new ones.

Normally I wouldn't disagree with you... But this time, you're off a little.

The old Lanzar line was killer. Typical, made-in-america-kick-ass underrated amps. When Lanzar stopped having amps built by Zed the quality went down on the lower lines but the Opti line still stayed a quality line.

Not saying they're as good as the older Opti's, just saying.. that they're still way above most amps out there today.

this is the kind of input I was hopeing for. I have a autherized dealer near me and can get one for 1500. Is this a fair price?