splmark

box for a 88 s-10 blazer

im doing an instll in a 88 s-10 blazer for 2 12" ssd's for everyday use tuned around 33 what type of box do you guys think will be best?

i was thinking about a crx type box but what size box/port should i go with?

im doing an instll in a 88 s-10 blazer for 2 12" ssd's for everyday use tuned around 33 what type of box do you guys think will be best?

i was thinking about a crx type box but what size box/port should i go with?

According to the recommendations in the pinned topic they require 1.8-2.5 cu ft per sub, plus port displacement. Have you got the room for a 4 cu ft box in the Blazer? In my S10 Blazer if I make a 4 cu ft box I'll be going way over the window line in the rear. I'm not sure what a crx style box is supposed to look like, all the crx enclosures I've seen were round tube style enclosures. I'd do a standard rectangular style box with the subs and port facing the rear door. For comps you'd want a different placement, but for street that's going to pound the best. Just make sure you leave a few inches between the port opening and the door.

im talking about the old crx style subs up port back, from the looks of it i can get 5.5^3 before port displacment and 6" from the rear door.

right now he's going to use some audiobahns 1208s till he gets the cash for the ssd's (he's 15)