I have 2 Hifonics BXI2607's and I noticed earlier today while listening to my system that one of the amps is making a rattling, buzzing noise when the bass hits. It only does it on the higher frequencies which do not hit that hard, the lower frequencies which are louder and hit harder the amp does not make any noise. The noise is coming from the RCA area of the amp. It is not the amp that I have running to the HU, it is the amp that I used a jumper RCA to hook up. I noticed that the amp does not make the noise until I get the volume up to 20/35 on the HU and gets louder as I increase the volume. I did not even notice it until I was in the back close to the amp, I thought it was just another rattle, but I unplugged the RCAs from the amp and it went away. The other amp does not make any noise, I switched RCAs and that did not help. What could the problem be, is it a bad amp? Do i have the gains turned up too much, both amps are balanced at putting out the same voltage. Is it harmful to my amp, because as I said I did not even notice until the volume was turned down on a song that does not bump hard, other than that the amp works great, it puts out the power fine and never even gets warm. My main concern is what could be causing it and if it is possibly harmful to my amp? Any help would be appreciated.

It's probably just a loose connector, don't freak out. Hifonics makes cheap amps.. I'm not really surprised that they rattle a little.

Is the amp mounted like on the sub box so it vibrates and a part is vibrating...or it is making a noise on its own? If it is making noise it can be the transformer that is usually near the fuses inside. They often put some kind of glue on the windings to damp it. Most run higher than 20Khz so you don't hear it but they can still make a static sounding noise under load. I don't think anything going bad would cause it but not sure. It could be something loose inside like the board I guess, most amps you can't hear it unless you have your ear right on the amp....if in fact that is what it is. Hifonics are put together better than some others, but they are not expensive amps. You can also ask Maxxsonics about it, they have pretty good support and I've talked to an actual tech there about their amps. They make Hifonics, Crunch, Performance Technique, MB Quart, and Autotek amps.

Well I can only hear it when i am playing higher frequencies when I play low pounding frequencies there is no noise. When i disconnect the RCAs there is no noise but the noise is still there if I disconnect the sub. I tried swapping for new RCAs it did not help. I could not go get Y adapters like Maxxsonics said so I just ran the RCAs from the HU to that amp and the noise was still there. So the only time the noise is completely gone is when I unhook the RCAs the amp is located near the box but not on it, I am running 2 of them and the other amp does not make any noise and is in the same place. And the amp only makes the noise on the high frequencies such as the "this is why i'm hot" beat. Anything with low and pounding drawn out bass it does not make any noise. And yes i have put my ear to the amp after hearing what sounded like a new rattle and sure enough it was the amp.