slim2fattycake

FI vs RE

I read around and heard that scott used to own RE audio and that FI and RE are about the same thing. How is that now? How do the subs from scott, FI, now vs RE Audio, now compare? some say that RE is about the same but less expensive...

Totally useless to compare two entire companies to each other...

eh RE = mainly for B&M dealers and FI for the enthusiast DIY indernet crowd...as far as pricing goes at least.

Fi an RE have their similarities...but are two different companies....i would chose Fi over RE now...from what i have heard is that REs quality is not what it used to be ever since being comercialized...i cannot confirm that first hand but heard

eh RE = mainly for B&M dealers and FI for the enthusiast DIY indernet crowd...as far as pricing goes at least.

im sorry, newbie under my name, what does B&M and DIY stand for?

Brick & Mortar, referring to actual dealer locations like an audio shop, and Do It Yourself...self-explanatory.

Scott was co-owner and the engineer behind all RE Audio designs. He sold his share and started Fi. The companies are similar in stylistics and parts selection. Fi Car Audio operates with a direct sales system, whereas RE Audio moves product through their Brick and Mortar dealers. Each approach has their own respective advantages and disadvantages...the obvious advantage for Fi Car Audio is that their pricing is quite a bit lower.

Each company offers products of equal quality. Either way you go, your satisfaction is almost guaranteed as long as you pick the product that suits your needs most adequately.

All this stuff is available via the search function, if you're interested.

Scott was co-owner and the engineer behind all RE Audio designs. He sold his share and started Fi. The companies are similar in stylistics and parts selection. Fi Car Audio operates with a direct sales system, whereas RE Audio moves product through their Brick and Mortar dealers. Each approach has their own respective advantages and disadvantages...the obvious advantage for Fi Car Audio is that their pricing is quite a bit lower.

Each company offers products of equal quality. Either way you go, your satisfaction is almost guaranteed as long as you pick the product that suits your needs most adequately.

All this stuff is available via the search function, if you're interested.

thanks for the clarification

some stupid idiot today at the local stereo shop just got filled to the brim with RE audio subwoofers... i told him i read somewhere that one of the owners of RE is now making MY sub at Fi... he looked at me with the stupidest face and was like nooo, they are owned and operated by the same people they started with i talked to them... like a goddamn smart ass... ill for sure rub it in his stupid face next time i see him..

some stupid idiot today at the local stereo shop just got filled to the brim with RE audio subwoofers... i told him i read somewhere that one of the owners of RE is now making MY sub at Fi... he looked at me with the stupidest face and was like nooo, they are owned and operated by the same people they started with i talked to them... like a goddamn smart ass... ill for sure rub it in his stupid face next time i see him..

well mark is is still with RE but not an owner...and scott aint an owner anymore.

edit: yea hes an idiot lol

Honestly, those are the type of people who are usually best left to their own devices. Just take pride in getting a good product at a great price and let him remain blissfully ignorant.

You've probably got better things to do, anyways.

thanks Devil and Flakko for your words of encouragement... thanks to you.. you wont see me on the cover of tomorrows newspaper which reads, "pissed off consumer shoots up local car stereo store"... hehehe.... jk im really not that pissed he just thought he was a dumbass know-it-all...now im ready to prove that guy otherwise ;)