Sign in to follow this  
Denstel

Advise from any AA experts =)

Ok. Long story short... My current set-up the last 2 and 1/2 years is 2, 12" Atlas's in a sealed box. I'm not sure the specs for the box but they were set exactly like chad told made by someone on sound domain who was a good box builder =).

Anyways ; I wanted to get 2 Assassin 12's because Chad told me they could be drop-in replacements. My girlfriend thought as a christmas present she should get me the Arsenals' instead because they cost more and would be better. I didn't find this out till they were shipped to my house.

My current amp is Alpine 605m. It does 600RMS at 2 ohms, and 400RMS at 4... It is not stable at 1 (unfortunately =(..) My atlas's were hooked up at 2 ohm's receiving 300rms each. However; the Arsenals' as you know are DVC's and i can only wire them at 1 ohm or 4.

I will upgrade my system; but i cannot until next summer. Do you think the Arsenal's will sound good in the same box only getting 200 RMS each? I know it's highly under-powering them but I've heard it doesn't take much to get them moving. I have 4guage wire running through my car so when i upgrade my amp/box it won't take much - but funds are short right now.... So basically i was wondering what are my options until i can by a better amp/box. If i should even put the Arsenal's in my car or just wait until i can upgrade. Thanks for the help.

Ok. Long story short... My current set-up the last 2 and 1/2 years is 2, 12" Atlas's in a sealed box. I'm not sure the specs for the box but they were set exactly like chad told made by someone on sound domain who was a good box builder =).

Anyways ; I wanted to get 2 Assassin 12's because Chad told me they could be drop-in replacements. My girlfriend thought as a christmas present she should get me the Arsenals' instead because they cost more and would be better. I didn't find this out till they were shipped to my house.

My current amp is Alpine 605m. It does 600RMS at 2 ohms, and 400RMS at 4... It is not stable at 1 (unfortunately =(..) My atlas's were hooked up at 2 ohm's receiving 300rms each. However; the Arsenals' as you know are DVC's and i can only wire them at 1 ohm or 4.

I will upgrade my system; but i cannot until next summer. Do you think the Arsenal's will sound good in the same box only getting 200 RMS each? I know it's highly under-powering them but I've heard it doesn't take much to get them moving. I have 4guage wire running through my car so when i upgrade my amp/box it won't take much - but funds are short right now.... So basically i was wondering what are my options until i can by a better amp/box. If i should even put the Arsenal's in my car or just wait until i can upgrade. Thanks for the help.

Give it a shot. Just remember, that amp is limited in what power it can produce so be easy on the volume and gain. Don't try pulling more than it can do, and if you hear distortion, TURN IT DOWN. Good luck, report back.

yes they will sound great arsenals dont need a lot of power to get loud and sound good. i have two 15's :slayer:

Sign in to follow this