Sign in to follow this  
30hrtz

got my maw 15s today

well got my subs today from the new years sale.one of the boxes was beat up pretty bad but the sub seems fine.Build quality and looks of sub seem very nice.BUT wow what a SOFT suspension.i hope these subs can handle 600 watts each,i know they are rated at 500 but i saw mark post that he'd seen people run 700 on'em with no problems. definitly will go with marks box and port size and lenght suggestions.hopefully he'll answer that for me in this thread.anyway,i look forward to installing my whole setup this coming week,temps forecasted for mid 60s.trying to figure out how to post pics of progress.

I'm sure Mark won't approve of me posting this, but I've hit a MAW15 in a 2.4cf sealed box with ~1200 watts RMS clipped music for over an hour straight, not a single issue. Of course it really didn't get louder after ~500 watts RMS due to motor limited excursion, but hey... that wasn't the point :)

They'll do 600 a piece just fine, especially in sealed boxes.

Glad they got their safe, once they are out of our hands we can't control what UPS does to them. :(

you already got your stuff? wow that was fast. how close are you to them?

i also went out to the truck to help the driver carry them.he looked aggravated and it looked like he tossed one of the boxes pretty hard.if i can figure out how to get pics on here i'll post 1 of the damaged box.But no harm done to sub.It/they do look great.thanks for the post about putting 1200 on 1.

Viper, SHUSH! :D

30, if you can squeeze 3 cubes per driver, do it. If you are after more sound quality and extension, port it at 30Hz (32sq inches of port, 27 inches long). For more "thump", tune to 34Hz (32sq. inches of port, 20 inches long).

3 cubes is the total box volume. There is no need to factor in port and/or driver volume.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

im in central n.c. ..they are in maryland right?ssa i mean.

mach5audio is out of canada. not sure where ssa is.

found out they shipped the larger drivers first so...

im out of town and got worried my MLI's were sitting on the door step!

Hang in there, the MLI's will take longer to get to you.

thanks Mark,will do the 3 cuft per driver.surly i can"squeeze"6 cubes in the bed of my truck.lol will decide on tuning as install goes along.

Oh yeah, forgot it was going in the back of your truck. Then I guess you do have the room eh? :D

jerimiah whats your box volume and port size and tuned to in the pic you posted on the other thread? and hows it sound/

O did the pic make it through? I did not check, the box is 4cuft net tuned to ~30hz it sounds good loud enough for me for now