Sign in to follow this  
BASS OUTLAW

wats a CAPACITOR ?

:wacko: guys , what does the CAPACITOR do exactly ??

all i know wit capacitors that its some how like a battery , it get charaged , then it charges off givin high current at an interval , :S

or am i wrong ,

any ways , what does it do ,??? thanks for help

the basic definition of a capacitor is a cell designed to hold a specific amount of charge for only as long as an outlet for energy escape is not available. The very instant an exit path is available - the capacitor discharges its entire charge.

Once discharged, if given supply of "re-fill" juice, it wil instantaneously demand a complete recharge from the source supply.

Capacitors in car audio are VERY, VERY, VERY often used FOR THE WRONG REASON(S).

To put it simply - if you do not have an adequate supply source - the alternator in the case of vehicles, a capacitor is nothing more than a further drain on the overall electrical system.

Capacitors, when used properly, essentially shorten the path between the amplifier(s) and the 12v +.

As a side note - a 1 farad capacitor fully charged can easily kill a person, so be careful.

well if this thing started killin people , i dont want it then , pluse i heard that some ppl got there cars on fire because of capacitors wrong installs, and alternator...any ways thanks for help

the basic definition of a capacitor is a cell designed to hold a specific amount of charge for only as long as an outlet for energy escape is not available. The very instant an exit path is available - the capacitor discharges its entire charge.

Once discharged, if given supply of "re-fill" juice, it wil instantaneously demand a complete recharge from the source supply.

Capacitors in car audio are VERY, VERY, VERY often used FOR THE WRONG REASON(S).

To put it simply - if you do not have an adequate supply source - the alternator in the case of vehicles, a capacitor is nothing more than a further drain on the overall electrical system.

Capacitors, when used properly, essentially shorten the path between the amplifier(s) and the 12v +.

As a side note - a 1 farad capacitor fully charged can easily kill a person, so be careful.

oh so true

thats way i hate capacitors, most ppl use them for the wrong reason...