Sign in to follow this  
FeS RoY

subs upfiring sealed?

due to space restraints, subs larger than 12's have to be up fired, are there any disadvantages of up firing a sealed sub in a trunk?

Edited by FeS RoY

i up fired 3 15's in the trunk of one of my towncars,,, it beat the trunk to death. but the bass didnt make it inside very well..... so if its for eveyone else... go ahead. but if its for you, i would not advise it but thats just me.

I have my 15" Q upfiring in my stratus and it's fine, but it's sealed and i don't care about output at all.

What kind of car? I have an 18 firing up in my '07 cx-7, works fine for me. Tried it firing back, sounded great, but really started shaking the hell out of the hatchback.

trunk and a hatch are alot diffrent , i have seen alot of suv's that up fire aswell but most of them are all ported.

96 Saturn, thats the reason for the up firing lol

why 2 12's? why not 1 15. or 3 10's

96 Saturn, thats the reason for the up firing lol

why 2 12's? why not 1 15. or 3 10's

already had a setup of 2 12's and 1 15 and 2 10's, altough i can do the 2 12 inch mags ported to 32Hz and end up with about 4 cubes after sub and port disp... but i was wanting to try something different

I have an 18" BL firing up in the trunk of my honda accord and i havent noticed any difference sound quality

but I have noticed that it moves my rear deck covering a lot more then typical.

I have an 18" BL firing up in the trunk of my honda accord and i havent noticed any difference sound quality

but I have noticed that it moves my rear deck covering a lot more then typical.

yea but i'm pretty sure you have it ported? considering the fact that i dont think FI recommends sealed for it