Sign in to follow this  
benz280se

i almost hugged the ups lady!!

After loads of questions i got my ssd 12's today!! Surprisingly enough it only took a week! i looked at the shipping manifest and it said i wouldnt get them till next week! enough of that lets talk shop. I couldnt wait to put these babies in my car. Here's what i got Alpine hu audiocontrol3.1, audiocontrol line driver, usamps 400 bridged @2 ohms 1200w, optima red top in the trunk. Well i started out by turning the gain just under 1/4 on the amp and just over 1/4 on the line driver. stuck in bassy yet musical cd Basskraft-tribute to krafwerk and proceeded. The box i have these in is less than spectacular(it will be replaced) and i really took it easy at first 'cause i expected this box to sound crappy. even in the prefab box the response was very smooth from mid bass to low bass, then it happened! there was a part of the song that really drops and when it did i thought i mistakenly hit the volume and turned it up cause my trunk started to rattle and my steering wheel shook. i started to beat them a little harder after, that not too hard though. but ive managed to vibrate the steering wheel so bad that it started to hurt(it is solid woodgrain). i ran through a bunch of songs all with very different varying bass tones and these babies love lows. I then threw in tool and played hooker with a penis and the thundering drums at the end felt like someone hitting me in the head! Keep in mind this review is in a crappy prefab and i never turned the sub level much past 1/4 so there is more to come! well enough talk heres pics. i will load vids of different songs hopefully by tommorow! So far i have a new love :cookiemonster:

th_18043_DSCF2440_122_869lo.JPG th_18045_DSCF2441_122_821lo.JPG th_18051_DSCF2443_122_675lo.JPG th_18068_DSCF2444_122_821lo.JPG

th_18073_DSCF2445_122_445lo.JPGhttp://img157.imagevenue.com/loc821/th_18068_DSCF2444_122_821lo.JPG

Edited by benz280se

thanks for the compliment. running the wires was a pain, the benz designers didnt make panels to come off easy back then. and they decided the trunk was a good place for the gas tank. i had to run all the wiring past it YIKES. if it were under the car that would push my box back almost a foot and a half! and i wouldnt hear gas sloshing when my music is down(almost never) lol

Edited by benz280se

Sign in to follow this