Sign in to follow this  
iamthor

Line Level Converter VS. Line Output Converter

Not even close to the same use.

Ok, Thanks. Now can some please elaborate? Or even point me to a source of information on each one and how they are different. I have no problem reading for myself but I have already spent some time searching and have come up empty handed.

Thanks.

a Line Driver is different.(which would be the LLC if im not mistaken)

line driver ups the voltage on RCA. while loc takes a high voltage signal(stock speaker output type) and downs it

Edited by Megalomaniac

A Line Level Converter is used mostly in pro audio to change a mic/line signal into one or the other.

a Line Output Converter is used in car audio to take a speaker level input and change it to a line level (RCA) input.

A Line Level Converter is used mostly in pro audio to change a mic/line signal into one or the other.

a Line Output Converter is used in car audio to take a speaker level input and change it to a line level (RCA) input.

So when a LLC is referred to in a Car Audio conversation/post it is being incorrectly referenced?

Use it in context? Where did you hear about it?

My car has a Factory Subwoofer which I will replacing with an aftermarket one. I read on another forum to use a LLC hooked up to the factory sub wires for signal. In the past I have achieved this style hook up the same way everyone has, a LOC to the left and right rear speakers. I am just unsure if I REALLY need a LLC or is a standard LOC will do since this is my first time hooking up to a factory subwoofers speaker wires.

2002 GS430 getting:

ED 13Ov.2 Subwoofer in factory Sub location (IB in Rear Deck)

Kenwood KCA-X10D Amp

PAC Trunk-Loc (If a LOC will do which I think it should)

Edited by iamthor

your factory sub sould be powered by an amp... form the amp to the sub it will have two wires... get a LOC. or the best one i know of is a clean sweep by JL./.. just put the + to BOTH of the +'s on the loc repeat for the -...... then ground the LOC... and run the RCa's to your new amp and sub

o yeah........ watch your self with ED products.. over rated.

Edited by bigjon

........ watch your self with ED products.. over rated.

Really. The Subs, Amp, or all of it? Am I in danger of blowing this sub by giing it 600W RMS?

Someone just misused the word. You want a LOC.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Yep, they meant LOC which is why I asked why you wanted to know. The next time you make a topic make it more specific and you will get a much better answer.

No doubt on the eD crap, those bastards lie like hell and shouldn't be allowed to do business. :(