Sign in to follow this  
Megalomaniac

Jack Johnson "Sleep Through Static" album hissing

Anybody pick up the new Jack Johnson "Sleep Through Static" album?

Album is good but im disappointed in the recording. Everything else is recorded fine, its just I hear a dam Hissing and a few buzzing sounds. Either its their air conditioner and they forgot about it or its a tape hiss; or it could be their Solar Powered studio?. Anyone else experience the hissing sound too? I honestly dont think its my equipment....

i listened to a ripped version, FLAC version, iTunes version, and the actual CD. I hear it in all of them....

:(

I have a FLAC version I grabbed from Waffles (or What...one of the two) but I'll have to listen to it again. I listened to it last time just before bedtime and fell asleep in the first song. :(

I hear it's a good album, but I was exhausted at the time and have been busy listening to other stuff. I'll check tonight and let you know.

I own it and have the same problem. I was disappointed with the recording quality as well.

I'd listen too it.. but not particularly liking Jack Johnson is kind of turning me away..

uh who cares, if you like it you like. big deal. I like Jack Johnson as well as Ben Harper too. I even listen to ColdPlay. im not :gayhaaay1: big woof