disneymike

Alpine IVA-W205 IPOD problem

Hello all,

Set up: IVA-W205 with Blackbird 2 docked:

Problem 1: Alpine unit sees Ipod and plays and displays info but absolutely no audio, can't hear a thing.

Sirius, CD changer, DVD all work correctly.

Problem 2: With Blackbird docked and using bluetooth, caller can hear me but I can't hear them. INT settings all correct per Alpine.

I sent the unit into Alpine and was told there was nothing wrong and everything checked out.

Am I missing something???

Thanks in advance!

I own this exact setup.

Email me at shizzzon@gmail.com to get ahold of me faster to resolve this issue if we don't here.

Make sure that u are using alpine's ipod cable.

If u are, u may need another one.

Bluetooth- make sure ur volune is up, at least around 17 or so.

I'll check out my settings to see if I can find anything else.

My problem was backwards when I got mine. I could hear but nbody could hear me. That was because the mic was in wrong port.

I own this exact setup.

Email me at shizzzon@gmail.com to get ahold of me faster to resolve this issue if we don't here.

Make sure that u are using alpine's ipod cable.

If u are, u may need another one.

Bluetooth- make sure ur volune is up, at least around 17 or so.

I'll check out my settings to see if I can find anything else.

My problem was backwards when I got mine. I could hear but nbody could hear me. That was because the mic was in wrong port.

E-mail sent!

any chance your running AI-net to a processer?

Well, solved the problem and it is the PXA-H701 sound processor. Apparently, Alpine did not take into consideration that people might want 5.1 surround in their cars and vast tuning adjustments. And that BOTH the IVA-W205 and the new IVA-W505 is not compatible with the PXA-H701 if using the Blackbird 2. Poor thinking on Alpine's part and the fact that they say absolutely nothing of the incompatibilty with the processor is just bad. :angry2::wtf: So, buyer beware.....

So the problem only is there with the Blackbird 2?

If you remove the blackbird can you still use the ipod correctly?

So the problem only is there with the Blackbird 2?

If you remove the blackbird can you still use the ipod correctly?

It actually has to do with the IVA-W205 itself and if you are using the PXA-W701. I received a call from a manager at Alpine who said that to make the whole thing work I need to hook up a KCE-900E interface directly to the head units Nav socket and with an RCA cable coming out of the guide out on the 900E to the guide in on the PXA-W701. I am going to try this on Friday to see if it indeed works. Just seems like a lot un-necessary steps to get the unit working right.

A lot of expensive steps rather.

That KCE-900E is $65.

Is it just an internal routing problem that Alpine didn't think of?

A lot of expensive steps rather.

That KCE-900E is $65.

Is it just an internal routing problem that Alpine didn't think of?

Basically that's what it is though the manager and the tech reps I talked to kept saying "the older processor"

when talking about the PXA-W701 so maybe a newer processor is in the works? The manager stated that Alpine is aware of the incompatability and have their R&D guys looking into the problem. He also stated that the new IVA-W505 has the same issues which is not to cool.

That sucks!

I've got the IVA-W205 and I was planning on doing the same thing as you are (Blackbird and H701).

Hopefully it can be resolved with a simple software upgrade.

That sucks!

I've got the IVA-W205 and I was planning on doing the same thing as you are (Blackbird and H701).

Hopefully it can be resolved with a simple software upgrade.

Yes, it does suck. I decided to try the KCE-900E trick as was told and still no audio from the Ipod or the Blackbird. When I ran the RCA's from the HU to my amps everything worked like a charm :madsign:

So (because I'm really slow these days...) to confirm,

With either a w205 or w505 and a pxa-h701, there is no way to make an ipod or the blackbird work?? (KCE-900E? Analog cables instead of digital from the HU to the 701?)

When Alpine says that the W505 is "compatible" with the H701, they really mean to say "some of the stuff works, but they're pretty much useless together"...

Really hoping somebody can tell me that I'm wrong here :(

Mike,

You've posted this same thing in about ten different places. Did you ever stop and think for a second that it might be one of your parts is defective (not just the iva, but the processor, blackbird, etc.) or more than likely (as in 95% of all problems like this) your installation was not done correctly? My installer has personally done about 4 of these setups (IVA-W205 w/ PXA-H701, w/ blackbird 2 and ipod) and everything worked fine. That is why the Alpine techs never heard of it when you first mentioned it, because there is no such problem! I dont know what the deal is with that ghetto rig they explained to you, but have a competent professional look over the installation and maybe send all parts in for inspection before posting stuff like you did. Now, many people probably think you cannot use an iva-w205/pxa-h701 combo w/ either ipod or blackbird 2, which is plain false. Many others have reported using these combinations with no problems as well.

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

I was WORRIED for the longest time, because that's the setup I'm building towards.

yeah, same here! I had the alpine iva-w205 brand new sitting on my desk, still in box...then I read this thread here, along with the 10 other places Mike posted it at, and I started to get worried. Luckily I was able to talk with my installer shortly after, and he dispelled this myth. My installer is the northern california Rep for DLS, and a rep for Seas Lotus as well so I trust him. Besides the fact that he has done several cars with the exact mentioned setup! I cant wait for my setup! I just got the iva-w205 installed w/ ipod full speed cable, its is leaps and bounds better in terms of ipod control compared to my old eclipse avn5500. In June I will have the pxa-h701 installed, along with blackbird 2, seas lotus performance component set, and some other goodies.

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

I was WORRIED for the longest time, because that's the setup I'm building towards.

Hello..i'm from italy i have the couple IVA-W505 + blackbird docked and i'm wating for a new pxa-h701 i have read this tread and i will know if there is a right procedure for hear the guide voice and ipod with the processor thanks a lot and sorry for my english