Sign in to follow this  
panky

fi additional features question

thanks man! but now im confused! lol! but atleast the ssd is not in my option anymore.. is the Q like the JL? coz i heard that JL are so soft that if you play in high volumes it will break...

i think this is the problem the Q is perfect for my amp(dls a6) but i prefer spl than sq.

but 418FI said that the Q can give some bass... now im really confused....

i think nick and scott can jump in to help us. lol!

i have a question.. which sub can boom more. Q 12" or ssd 12"???

THANKS!

Dude Get the Q Right now I have A BTL. I am switching to SSD w/ copper coils 418s. The Q was seriously considered. You do NOT prefer SPL. You prefer to listen to music. at 800 and 1000 watts respectively neither the Q nor the SSD are soft by any means. PLEASE LISTEN get the Q. I am telling you what to do w/ your money. (going out on a limb) You will have a woofer that is BEYOND what you are expecting in SPL and SQ. Does this answer your question. I am going to put one more in there for you. Find a Realistic sub by Radio Shack! or buy the Q. TRUST ME I wouldn't steer you wrong. If the Q is not what you expect then you are going to need to buy some extra batteries. Don't know how else to tell you!!! SPL guys have extra batteries. You do not what to even upgrade your battery. You are not even a 1/10 close to caring about SPL as far as the people on here that are into SPL. You have read to deep into things. You are getting a 1000 Watt woofer and will be in complete control (thats a good thing) with your DLS A6 1200rms amplifier. If you buy the Q and don't like it then A get the Realistic and B sell it for the same amount you bought it for. The only way YOU can go wrong is if you don't buy a Q. REAAALY Trying to spell it out simply for you!!!!

Be Cool Buy a Q Hurry before someone else buys yours dude!!! Get your Q sent to you not someone else. I am not kidding are you still reading this BRO STOP reading this and order your Q. Uh oh there goes another one. Dude somebody just bought your Q. You might as well go to the mall. Huhhehehe

You know, there are other woofers out there...

This is very true!!! But Panky will never make up his mind the!?!?! hehe

And Fi is what he asked about..............................................

but still very true!

YOu are going to have all the SPL you can dream of out of 1 sub and it's just might sound good too!

Who is going to build your enclosure?

Where are you located?

Have fun!!!

I expect a you told me so and I'm glad I listened! hehe

Peace out bro! Great Decision!

i already have my enclosure bro, sadly i live in the Philippines! hahaha! i'll have someone to buy the Q for me.

i already got my enclosure fixed for my boston acoustics g5 12". i was wondering why my sub isn't that loud even if its powered by my dls and i got the answer when i got it checked, it was because my sub is at 8 ohm! it should be at 2 ohms! the shop fixed it and now it sounds great but i think my dls a6 is getting wasted coz my bostons rms is only 450. it will be great if i buy the Q and it has 1000 rms and my dls has 1200 wats at 1 ohm. i got my trunk deadened but still it still gives a rattling sound. i think its because of the power of the sub. and im getting excited what will the Q do with my trunk! what amp do you think will i get for my seps? i have 2 seps, front and rear. mb quart. is the crunch p 900.4 a great amp? i was hinking of jbl gto 1004 but someone told me that it wouldn't fix under the passenger sit. i need a small amp, but produces about 100watts 4 channel @ 4 ohms. do you have any suggestions? thanks! and one more thing i need a cheap but great amp! lol! thanks again man!

by the way, where are you located?? i hope our locations are near so when i go there i'll drop by to listen to your set up! lol! thanks!

Edited by panky

why are you switching to 4 ssd's????? maybe you're tired of spl? and want to listen to music? lol! why not Q??

thanks man! you helped alot! i got things clear! i thought that if they say spl, you prefer bass than voice.

i replied here so we wont get confused. lol! you know what i' am getting thinking now? i' am scared that my trunk might get broken! my car is only a sedan and the sub is facing the trunk lid. haha my trunk lock might get broken haha! i think its capable of doing that am i right?

thank you so much! i hope you will not get tired of replying to my crazy questions! lol!

Edited by panky

Panky I'll answer all your questions later tonight, just on lunch right now

Peace

I'm in FLORIDA the Sunshine State

Crunch is a horrible amp.

If you're looking for a very compact yet quality amp, I'd look into trying to find a used Alpine PDX.

dude, i can't afford an alpine. i don't want to buy a 2nd hand amp if i don't know the one who used it.

why is crunch a horrible amp?? ill just use it for my front and rear seps.

Edited by panky

Crunch was in their peak in 1993 and I can proudly say not only have I ever NOT owned one but neither has anyone I know. Hell I've never even touched one! hehe

You know Panky you have an awesome amp in the DLS. If you can't afford it now wait and get another DLS to match.... That would be choice!!!

THEIR are plenty of good amps you can find for your non subsonic frequencies. Common vote here would be CRUNCH is Not one of them.....

wow, a dls a4 is very expensive man! i think the money i spent on sound system is enough thats why im looking for a amp whick is cheap but has a great performance.... i think my generic amp for my seps can't catch up with my Q if i buy one.

anyway, what is wrong with crunch???

I guess use what you want / Personally I think it will be the weakest part of a potentially bad azz system!!! Check out Sundown's forum section here on SSA and Jacob has several amps for sale in the upper section (you'll see it) that would work good for your mids/highs

Peace Panky

Just wanted to say that hehe

Your Boy Joe

Make me PROUD, make it LOUD!!! Make it w/ Crunch and save money for lunch! Me personally --- I would skip a couple pizzas

they are expensive! lol how about jbl??? jbl or crunch??

Pank,

• What you trying to spend on your mids and highs amp?
  • What are your mids/highs?
  • How many?
  • I like JBL over Crunch personally.

i want a jbl 1004

mb quart esa 216 power handling 50-100 watts

front and rear seps(only 2)

yeah, but someone told me not to buy the amp for the seps anymore because it is not needed.

is the icon the brand name of the sub??? i have a question.

which brand do you think is the best brand of subwoofer??? cos lately ive been seeing many people talking about other brands of subs...

i need a durable subs, coz as ive said i will ship it here in the Philippines so the sub SHOULD NOT be broken or damaged in any way here in the PHIL. coz it will be a headache for me if it gets broken.. coz i will need to ship it back there and back here again after it gets repaired. thanks!

Edited by panky

I've looked at the manufacturer forum and i think i have two choices, first is the FI(Q) and the SSA(ICON) which do you think is better? and i saw the part that you said you have a havoc, i considered it, but its rms is 1250 watts and my dls has 1200 watts. i think their wattage is too close. coz i think that the amp should have higher wattage than the sub. am i right? or is their combination alright??

thanks 418FIs

I've looked at the manufacturer forum and i think i have two choices, first is the FI(Q) and the SSA(ICON) which do you think is better? and i saw the part that you said you have a havoc, i considered it, but its rms is 1250 watts and my dls has 1200 watts. i think their wattage is too close. coz i think that the amp should have higher wattage than the sub. am i right? or is their combination alright??

thanks 418FIs

Panky run a Q w/o options this is getting old.. The havoc is a fully loaded Q. You need a Q w/o options . the only way to get that is a custom order from Fi. Personally I will not comment on Icon. I do not know who the people that make them is for sure. Don't know if you'll find that out either. I'm done with you Panky until I see a Q in your psession.. You either take my advice or you don't. You'll still end up w/ something good I'm sure since your on this great site but the Q w/ no options is your best poossible opportunity taking into account everything you have shared.

I've looked at the manufacturer forum and i think i have two choices, first is the FI(Q) and the SSA(ICON) which do you think is better?
Between the two, I'd choose the Icon.
i considered it, but its rms is 1250 watts and my dls has 1200 watts. i think their wattage is too close.

So? That's perfect. Set the amp to a little below maximum unclipped output.

yeah, but someone told me not to buy the amp for the seps anymore because it is not needed.

Stop listening to them, because they're clueless on that point.

I've looked at the manufacturer forum and i think i have two choices, first is the FI(Q) and the SSA(ICON) which do you think is better?
Between the two, I'd choose the Icon.
i considered it, but its rms is 1250 watts and my dls has 1200 watts. i think their wattage is too close.
So? That's perfect. Set the amp to a little below maximum unclipped output.

Stop listening to them, because they're clueless on that point.

I bet you would

1200 will be fine agreed but perfect? nono

Well now that's just ignorant right!

What do you mean by "perfect"?

When I auditioned a Q, it didn't even need that much power, with 900W or so it was drawing too much attention to itself in the soundstage, so that's too much output for me.

Sign in to follow this