Sign in to follow this  
tankht56

How to make a 15v setup

the minimum i would want voltage to drop is 14.5! i am planning on getting a 250a alternator and 3 of these Batteries my amp is going to be a Crunch GP3000D-Pro running 4 18"Fi SSD stock!

any info would be appreciated thanks in advance

the minimum i would want voltage to drop is 14.5! i am planning on getting a 250a alternator and 3 of these Batteries my amp is going to be a Crunch GP3000D-Pro running 4 18"Fi SSD stock!

Running a 16V charging system is a good way to stay above 14.5V...

Running a 16V charging system is a good way to stay above 14.5V...

how would i go about doing this?

Running a totally separate system...2nd alternator, batteries, cables, etc.

Also note that it would put you in the modified classes of just about every sanctioned organization out there.

those Dekas wont work on a 16 volt setup. you will need a 16 volt alt and atleast one step down modual and a few 16 volt batterys you can get all that stuff from Powermaster

yea im not planning on competing as of right now because i dont know all the rules regs. but thanks for the info guys

Running a totally separate system...2nd alternator, batteries, cables, etc.

Also note that it would put you in the modified classes of just about every sanctioned organization out there.

DB Drag would have him in Superstreet which is no big deal

It is if he's not prepared for what the other people are going to bring :D

Just to give ya an idea of a 16volt system. This is mine.

1 - Powermaster 350amp alternator with variable regulator.

14 - 8 volt golf cart batteries

4/0 welding cable from alternator to batteries and from batteries to frame

Alternator charges at 19.5volts. I had a brief discussion with Scottie Johnson (product manager and R&D for Powermaster, this is a quote from an e-mail from him:

In order to properly charge two 8v batteries in series you will need at least 19-20v... so the 19.5v that you have is just right. Congrats on your success so far with our product. Good luck this 2008 season!

My batteries sit at 15.73volts when van is not running and system is not playing. With van runnning, at idle, they jump to 17volts. At 2krpm, the meter jumps to 19.5 volts. I have to keep the rpms at around 2k to keep the voltage up, since the xxx-6500d is a power hog.

There is another option.

Kinetik makes a battery that has a 12 volt post on the side and a 16 volt post on top. You could ran a high or variable voltage voltage alt and run all your 12 volt car equipment off the side post safely...... Food for thought. Eliminates the need for stepdown!

By the way whats up big boi!!!!!!?!?!?!??

Hit me back bro

I've heard different stories with those batteries. Some have said that one side, or the other, would never get fully charged. My team mate is currently testing 2 of them to see if they're all they are cracked up to be. So far they are doing great.