Sign in to follow this  
P2KMax

1st time buildin a box need some advice and tips

The Car:2000 Maxima

The build i talk to some guys from americanbass usa they sending me 4 12's sq 600 rms subs im gonna need a amp to push them they have a 1000.1 they wana send me but i need to worry about the box build 1st thats where you guys come in..lol

i need to build a box for 4 12;s ported threw my rear deck now on a ported enclosure these speaker need a box volume of 1.5 Cu Ft Now i Need to figure out how would i tuned this box out to 40hz thats the max the speakers can hold so i wana give it alls its got..BUT i have no clue on tuneing a box to 40 hz i can build a reg box to 12 ported slot in the middle but on the whole 4 12's i have no clue i hopeing one of ya can help me out on this one the main thing is tunin a box to 40 hz?

Now i Need to figure out how would i tuned this box out to 40hz thats the max the speakers can hold so i wana give it alls its got

Not sure what you mean there. you could tune it higher if needed, but higher tunings tend to be one note wonders and some times doesn't help db wise. Are you planning on competing ? How do you plan on "porting through the rear deck" ? You going to run a big square port in the middle ? Round ports through the rear speaker holes ? Need a few more specifics and we'll be able to help you a lot better and quicker lol. :)

yea im porting it right thrwe the rear deck where the old 6 in sub was that came from factory as far as hitting db sure i want it to slam :) im just trying to figure out how do you tune a box to any hz.