Sign in to follow this  
David12460

12'' SSD enclosure help.

Hey everyone. I am a new member but have been reading a lot of threads here for a while.

I recently purchased a 12'' SSD with the copper coil option for my 03 S-10 ext cab. I plan on throwing the recommended RMS or more at it.

I am now struggling to figure out what type of enclosure to build for it. I have read good things about sealed and ported for this subwoofer. My goal is to have a good sounding setup that has the potential to be loud if I felt the need.

I want to build a ported enclosure but am afraid of port noise seeing the enclosure is in the cab with me. I can build a sealed enclosure also pending peoples thoughts on this.

If anyone with knowledge on designing enclosures has a minute to get the dimensions for a ported enclosure for me that would be great. finding the volume and tuning frequency is all I know what to look for when designing a box. I know there is a lot more to do with it.

The room I would like to give up:

3/4'' MDF

Length- no more then 28''

Height- no more then 20''

width- no more then 16''

I would prefer to build a slot ported box.

I appreciate the help. I looked around as much as I could but could not find any plans for the SSD that fit my space requirements

I can draw something up for you.

Need to clarify. . . .You have a length and a width, is width side to side (left to right), and length is depth (front to back)?

Do you want the sub on top of the box, or facing forward?

hey thanks man, I should would apreciate it!

Length- no more then 16'' depth

Height- no more then 20'' top to bottom

width- no more then 28'' side to side

I think that I will need to face the sub upwards due to space constraints. Also as recomended by FI its best to design a enclosure around 1.8-2.5 cubic feet @ 33Hz.

Thanks a lot

Sign in to follow this