daos

Seas Lotus Ref vs. Focal 165K2P

For those of you that have owned both pair OR heard both pair in a similar environment please comment on which you prefer and why?

I am in the market for a nice set for components, and I am being torn between several sets. A new set just came up... Seas. I had never heard of them before, and someone told me they are the best sounding speaker for the money. I was just wondering how they hold up against the Focal 165K2P comps since I have listened to them extensivly.

Thanks for the information...

Seas, huh?

i run the focal 165v's in my truck and like them..as long as i only use the h/u to power them. i have amped them with just 35wrms and the tweeters getting way to harsh at higher volumes. the midrange is exceptional, however, when they are crossover correctly.....long story. i would prefer they had a silk or soft dome tweeter for powering them with anything more then say 20wrms...

btw, mine are the polyglas..like 2 steps down from teh k's i believe.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I had the 165k2's amp with 75 RMS and they sounded great. I did also use a 30 band eq to smoth things out some:) They had great low end extension and the tweets were very nice. In the crossovers I did have the tweets all the way down though. Not sure if they are worth the price though.

Note sure on the Seas though, never used them.

ok, well i am so tempted to get the 165k2p's from my local dealer cause i KNOW how awesome they sound. and thats with just the headunit no amp. I cant imagine how good they sound with 200W thrown at them.

i think i make a decision, and then some other type of speaker pops up like the Brax Graphic 6 series. this guy is selling his $1400 retail speaker components for 500 shipped! they are only 1 month old too.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... what to do??? :blink::wacko:

I have only heard the Sea's once, and they were not adjusted to my liking, they were in a carolla and the mid bass was not prevalent enough