Sign in to follow this  
helotr3vor

~~~Tuning for 18" BL~~~

What would be the best tuning for a 18" BL in a 5^ box? I want to still be able to hit the highs with authority but still pound on the lows

I just built a box for 2 18" Bl's in about 4.5 cubes a piece (common chamber box). The port is 135 sq. inches and is tuned to about 34hz, and it hits the lows very well, could be a little better, but the 35-45hz range is unbearably loud. Here's a picture of the box and a video of how much air it moves. I need to do a shirt of hair truck sometime, but a Jack Links bag of jurky worked pretty good. :)

th_P6230486.jpg

P6170473.jpg

Edited by Miles

Install looks awesome, but just a thought. . .I mounted Hifonics amps to a box like that in an install a couple of years ago. Did not take long for parts to start rattling around inside them. . .result was not good :( Might consider isolating them from the box with spacers and a dense foam mat.

Brian

Install looks awesome, but just a thought. . .I mounted Hifonics amps to a box like that in an install a couple of years ago. Did not take long for parts to start rattling around inside them. . .result was not good :( Might consider isolating them from the box with spacers and a dense foam mat.

Brian

I braced the box to the back of the cab and the floor, put angle iron on the center brace (2x10) and bolted the front and back of the box to it. Even playing the low notes that shake the truck apart, and box doesn't move a centimeter, which actually surprises me. Lol. And thanks for your compliment. Here's a link to the entire build log http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312198

Sign in to follow this