PTbruiser

Anyone use their E8s as midbass

Hello everyone :eek5wavey: Has anyone use their E8s as midbass yet? If you have, how do they perform and how do you have it set up? thanks..... Brian

Brian,

They would work okay as a midbass up to around 200 Hz - but the efficiency is not as high as you may want for a mid-bass. The 1w/1m rating is pretty low on these as the design was made to get as much SUB bass as possible at the expense of efficiency up higher.

Brian,

They would work okay as a midbass up to around 200 Hz - but the efficiency is not as high as you may want for a mid-bass. The 1w/1m rating is pretty low on these as the design was made to get as much SUB bass as possible at the expense of efficiency up higher.

I have 2 E8s, will be ruunning them between 60 to 200 herts, will 200 watts be enough to power these as midbass? thanks..... Brian

Brian - with 200 watts the relatively low efficiency is not a huge deal, should be fine.

this is where my E8s may end up, my system will probably be 3-way all frontstage so i'm going to have to have a lot of low end coming out of my doors. we'll see how the E8s perform, hopefully they'll be installed within the next 1-2 years.