Sign in to follow this  
sonikaccord

3hp(?) recone questions

have you checked ebay for corian scrapes i read that there is usually a nice selection on ebay.

I looked on Ebay. By the time I got a piece large enought for a pair of 7" circles plus the glue to put them together plus shipping and handling, etc my budget of $0 would have been blown. Yes, MDF isn't the best but with enough coats of sanding sealer, primer and paint it should be close to waterproof. When mounted in an enclosure, it will last for quite a while.

lol @ the compass.
You know the kind I'm talking about. I took 10th grade geometry in '84/'85 and we had them. But at the time I also brought a batter powered automatic water gun to school that was an exact replica of a Mac10. Now you can't draw a picture of a gun without going to jail. I'm so glad I have cats and not kids.

-Robert

Ok I got the plate in the mail today, but there's a small problem. The extended top plate tapers to a wide base and it doesn't quite fit, but I'll take it to my schools shop and fix it. You did a great job on it though.

I was worried about that. I used the basket from my

to determine the size of the hole in the center. Maybe run a chamfer bit around the inside bottom to remove a little material. Try to match the angle of the extended top play. Besides the 45 degree chamfer bit in the link, they also come in 30 degree, 22.5 degree, 15 degree and 11.25 degree. You can also make a jig and use a standard flush trim bit to do the same thing. If you do trim anything off the plate, use some laquer sanding sealer to cover the raw MDF. At least 5 coats.

I'm also willing to make the modifications. Just let me know how much material to remove and the angle of the extended pole piece. I'll even repaint it.

-Robert

Sign in to follow this