Sign in to follow this  
azngotskills

Who has heard the Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2?

Those who have heard the Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2, how did they sound? Im referring to tonality, frequency extension (both high and low), general sound characteristics?

I have read the review in CA&E and just looking for more personal opinions. It would be great if they could be compared against popular components like Dynaudio, Morel, Rainbow, Hertz, Focal, etc. Thanks ahead for any input :)

I have a lot of listening time on the C61-2 set. After they break in they really start to shine. They are very accurate and produce a lot of bass for 6 1/2's. The tweets are just amazing, very accurate, not harsh but still have high extension. They are one of the best I have heard.

Check out the install http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...mp;#entry393510

seen this on hybrid's website..

May 2008: Car Audio & Electronics Publishes a Glowing Review of the Clarus C51-2 Set; Evaluative Scoring Places Clarus

The only thing in Car audio I can compare it to are the Alpines, which isn't much. But I have heard high-end home audio equipment. If you like a natural sound and how instruments are suppose to sound, get these drivers. They don't shine with rap or hip-hop of course, so if you listen to that type of music these prob aren't for you.

We installed the Clarus 6 1/2 set in my buddies car a couple of weeks ago. After a break-in period of approximately 20 hours, they started to sound real good. I love the clarity, and they are taking 200 watts a side with ease. I love the fact that the mids are high passed at 63hz/18db and they are taking it like a champ even at really high volumes. Very sweet and convincing sounding mid. The tweeter has the highest detail I heard on a soft dome. It is pretty sharp, but not harsh at all. We did set it at -3db, otherwise it was overbearing as the balance sounded off at 200 watts a side. My favourite part though, that the mid goes low, and plays really well in that range. Not many mids can play that well crossed this low at really high volumes. No cone break-up at all. What they say is true, it does sound like at least a $1000 set. 5/5

Edited by 1sashenka

I've only heard them during testing with the final prototype... they were very nice, loud but smooth... however Scott was testing them active to determine the proper crossover points for the set at the time, so unfortunately I didn't get a listen with the passive crossovers he ultimately selected.

I was much like you, I had heard some glowing things said about the Hybrid speaker line. I called Hybrid wanting to find a dealer near me, I called fairly late in the evening 7-8 ish in the central time zone expecting to get voicemail and having to leave contact information. What I got was not only a live person but Scott Buwalda. Scott was able to not only put me in contact with a Hybrid Audio Technologies dealer but also went to the trouble of emailing a Team Hybrid member and asking him to get in touch with me. The Team Hybrid member was quite a bit closer to my home so I drove to his home and was able to listen to what in my opinion was the best sounding automotive speakers I had ever heard. I have sense purchased the L-3's and the L-1pro's and now that I have finally had the door panels off the car I will be buying the L-8's. I know this isn't the product review you wanted but it does offer a look at the founder of the company and his passion for not only his product but also in providing unsurpassed customer service. E-Mail info@hybrid-audio.com and explain the situation, they want to earn your business.