ramu_999

box for AA Havoc 15"

hello ppl

i wanted to know what size box would be best for this sub,

i was looking at maybe a 4cuft box tuned to 32hz

ive got a mk2 golf with about 36x23x18 to play with

i would appreciate all the help

Ramu

got mine in 3.6-3.7 tuned to about 32-33 and i love it.

4 cu ft tuned to 32 sounds great. Just make sure you build that box sturdy as chit... This subs a beast :P

got mine in 3.6-3.7 tuned to about 32-33 and i love it.

4 cu ft tuned to 32 sounds great. Just make sure you build that box sturdy as chit... This subs a beast :P

nick your setup looks nice man,

what do you think of a 4.5cuft box tuned to 32hz

Honestly, if you can fit it, I'd do it. Just MAKE SURE you have a good subsonic filter and turn it on.

But AA recommends up to 4.5, and if you can make a box that big I really think this sub would slam and get low real good in it.

WinISD says you'll have your highest gain (right over 2.5 dB) at 36-41 htz, with 0 dB @ 30 htz and a f3 of 27.5 htz.

Songs such as White Girl by Jeezy, In the Hood by Trae, Hood Nigga by Gorilla Zoe, and of course Late Night Tip by Three 6 will absolutely SLAM in that kinda setup.

(there's a free program called Spectrum Analyzer Pro that allows you to analyze songs real time in increments down to 1/24 an octave... and it also gives "real time peaks": aka what frequency is hitting the hardest at that point in the song. It's a lot like Audacity, but real time, as in listening to the song and watching the frequency spectrum)

What amp you wanna run it with?

Oh and thanks bro!

Edited by nick_19

Honestly, if you can fit it, I'd do it. Just MAKE SURE you have a good subsonic filter and turn it on.

But AA recommends up to 4.5, and if you can make a box that big I really think this sub would slam and get low real good in it.

WinISD says you'll have your highest gain (right over 2.5 dB) at 36-41 htz, with 0 dB @ 30 htz and a f3 of 27.5 htz.

Songs such as White Girl by Jeezy, In the Hood by Trae, Hood Nigga by Gorilla Zoe, and of course Late Night Tip by Three 6 will absolutely SLAM in that kinda setup.

(there's a free program called Spectrum Analyzer Pro that allows you to analyze songs real time in increments down to 1/24 an octave... and it also gives "real time peaks": aka what frequency is hitting the hardest at that point in the song. It's a lot like Audacity, but real time, as in listening to the song and watching the frequency spectrum)

What amp you wanna run it with?

Oh and thanks bro!

will be runnin with a rockford 1500-1bd

and thanks for your help

Nice (and little) amp!

I've heard nothing but good things about that amp.

Have fun and post up a pics of your build!

Anytime bro.