bwoodroof

Lincoln Towncar Build Log

Thanks man, i got a ton of more work to do. Besides the kicker amp, SX700.4, on top is not there any more. I traded it for a 55A Power Supply for the car. I have the American Bass SQ500s there now.

BTW, Scott as soon as i get the L631-3 setup in i will be adding those build pics in as well.

love to see lincoln builds....way to go

Gotta love the Town Cars...or Just Lincoln in general.

Nice build!

x2's fing05.gif

HOLY SMOKES Man... You weren't kidding... you got the sub-bass department covered!!!! LOL

Friggin' sweetness :neil:

Hey Dave, always glad to have someone motivate me through my install. I have gotta get some more $$$ to finish it up. I lack more sound deadening and need my power inverter, audio processors, a ton more cables, and some time to do it all. I should have some more pics up soon, but i dont plan on having the car finished until the beginning of 09 with all the things i need to do with it.

Cool. It's awesome that you're building and staying on a proper budget. I've seen a lotta guys go way in the hole with the credit card, trying to build a system they can't really afford.

Great job on the patience front!

:drink40::drink40::drink40:

Yeah, well i am debt free and plan on staying that way, plus i don't want to loose the car, due to debt and credit cards, with the time and work I have already put in it.

Hey Dave, ill have some pics up in a couple of days after i get all the American Bass Amps placed. But one other question man. I do SPL as well as SQ, i do not want to hurt my hybrid audio setup, any suggestions on having a set of speakers located somewhere else in the car, something good but under 250 bucks. I was thinking about putting another SQ 500 under the passenger seat and putting a set of Kicker SS 5.25 Components in the kicks or fiberglass the doors.

Those will work fine. But no matter where you put them, they'll hurt SQ.

Now, if you want to put an on/off switch on the amp that would work nicely. Then you could turn them on and off at will.

So in other words, if you were doing pure SQ, you could turn off the kickers. Then if you want to cruise around and just be loud, you could turn them on.

Make any sense?

Sounds like you planned it out good then. In fact, if you are gonna go that route maybe add another pair of them Kickers to the door, wire them to 2 ohms and put the spank on 'em.

That would be interesting. Its gonna take some time, but ill let you guys know how its going with the project.

Hey Dave and all other SSA Members, i am going to stop the build in the Lincoln. I have just bought an 88 Honda CRX that I will be building. Same gear is going into it, so if you have any advice on speaker locations for a L641-3 PM me.

Edited by Twisted-Woodroof

WOW! Now that's a change...

Hmmm... I haven't built a SQ CRX before... I'll have to think about it. My gut tells me to go for the kicks with the mids and tweeters, and then doors for midbass...

I'll PM you if I come up with something more definitive...