Sign in to follow this  
rjajmr0221

good low power setup

been out of the car audio loop for a while because i have been working on the new house. with some spair time and cash coming up soon i wanted to do a little work on the car. i have been able to piece together everything but the subs from stuff lying around. its all going in my beater back and fourth to work car so i am not looking to go all out. its a 97 civic 4 door that runs better than it looks. anyways...... looking for something thats pretty well rounded musically ( country, rock, hip-hop, jazz, talk radio ect... i listen to almost all of it) more than likely sealed and up to 3 cuft. i have one of the v-power alpine amps thats 300 @ 4ohm, 500 @ 2 ohm to work with. pretty open to suggestions as i have no idea about who's making what anymore..... and i care more about how good it sounds, than how loud it gets. can you guys help me out?

Perhaps a lower line Focal, or Arc Kar series woofers. I was surprised at how good those sounded when sealed.

i know my local shops carry jl, kicker, boston, rf, diamond, alpine, memphis...... are any of these still worth a look or are you just "paying for the name" reason being as i am thinking of buying from brick and mortar as we have been having some delivery issues at the new house....

I'm a big fan of JL W6v2's. Not too familiar with Diamond, or the latest lines of Boston's woofers.

RL-i 10?

so here is a short story why i might be the luckiest guy i know. things @ work have been crazy, lots of long hours lately. with the holiday weekend i wanted some time to relax so i only worked a half day yesterday. i get home and am getting out of the car when my finace' pulls up and tells me she has a suprise for me in the trunk. she says i know you have been working hard lately and i thought i would treat you to a little something for it. i open the trunk and there sits 4- 10" Jl W0's, she had just come from the local shop. she then tells me she got all 4 for $100, out the door.... so i guess my search is over. now its time to start building. i hope to get some pics up in the next day or so......