Ok I am about to work on the charging system now and need some ideas. I have upgraded the alternator to 220 and still need to change the three wires. I will be running a few batteries in the back of the car that are different from the cars battery. I am using a stinger master for the car now and have 3 SVR80 in the car for the system I do have a 15f cap as well but not sure if I need to use it. Can someone help me out here a little so I get this done right.

Thanks PT

:D well my first instinct is to reccomend a second alternator, but thats expensive and I am not sure you have enough room in the engine bay to accomedate a second one, so, there is the other option to run multiple batteries, but with the extensive number of amops and subs I am worried about trunk space, so this could be tricky, maybe ifyou post up a pic of the area then maybe we can give you a better Idea of how to get your amps more current

Ya I know about the big three. They were all upgraded before I changed the alternator, They seem to have changed them back :rolleyes: And as far as getting a second alternator up front, Ya it wont fit as I put a Turbo charger in. There is no more room under the hood. I have been to many places about a second alternator and no luck. I did build a box with a plexi top for three batteries already and it is in the car with three svr80 batteries. I just need to know what is the bast way to wire these extra batteries up.

I was told to use run them in parallel off the front battery, but also been told not to, if the front battey is different. And the front battery is a different battery as the others. I was thinking about an isolator (I think thats the name) I can post pic's but that will take a bit as I am working alot and only really can work on it a couple hours on Tuesday and Wensdays.

With this info I hope you can give me some advice.

PT

ok cause he is a lazy punk and wont join I will post for Crazy db Dave, he says and I quote from an AIM conversation:

CRAZY dB Dave [4:51 PM]: run your ground wires back from the alt along with power wires

CRAZY dB Dave [4:51 PM]: :-)

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: post the answer foo

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: lol

CRAZY dB Dave [4:52 PM]: lol

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: you can dooooooooooo it

CRAZY dB Dave [4:52 PM]: no permission

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: why not?

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: not signed up for that forum

SuperFly47 [4:53 PM]: that my board, join up mang

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: post it for me...say that I said so

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: and make sure he does it

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: lol

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: or Santa will put poo poo in his stocking

this is what i was told get a isolator and run the batterys in parallel, that way you keep the voltage the same but increase your amprage...

i will double check this i advice you do the same before hooking up anything...

good luck

jamie

this is what i was told get a isolator and run the batterys in parallel, that way you keep the voltage the same but increase your amprage...

good luck

jamie

ok cause he is a lazy punk and wont join I will post for Crazy db Dave, he says and I quote from an AIM conversation:

CRAZY dB Dave [4:51 PM]: run your ground wires back from the alt along with power wires

CRAZY dB Dave [4:51 PM]: :-)

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: post the answer foo

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: lol

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: you can dooooooooooo it

CRAZY dB Dave [4:52 PM]: no permission

SuperFly47 [4:52 PM]: why not?

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: not signed up for that forum

SuperFly47 [4:53 PM]: that my board, join up mang

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: post it for me...say that I said so

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: and make sure he does it

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: lol

CRAZY dB Dave [4:53 PM]: or Santa will put poo poo in his stocking

Now if thats not confusing

good luck

jamie

I am thinking of doing just that, as I have been told that as well. But also been told to run in parallell off the starter battery. I have little to no room for the isolator, so thats why I was wondering.

I just hoped someone really knew about this, and could set this straight. as there would be more questions. But if not straight on this, how can i ask more.

post-23-1071012023.jpg

Edited by PT Teal

tight PT haha, but if you really wanna find out make a few phone calls, goto yahoo yellow pages look up some electronic places around town until you find what ur looking for..

wow thats a lot of work, its going to be awsome when your done

if you run your power wire from you alt to you back battery you won't need an isolater since the only reason to use them is if you have your batterys parrelled wit the front one to keep it from draining your battery but if you doing an sq type install and plan to compete i think you have to do it with an isolater or you will lose points other way dave way is the cheappest and easiest to do