doverman454

Hifonics Brutus BXi2608D?

Is this a strong amp for the BTL? I'm debating between the BXi2608D and T1500-1BD any sujjestions between the two and only the two. Thanks.

Sundown SAZ 3000D would be a better choice...

Is this a strong amp for the BTL? I'm debating between the BXi2608D and T1500-1BD any sujjestions <b>between the two and only the two.</b> Thanks.

I would go with the RF hands down.

Is this a strong amp for the BTL? I'm debating between the BXi2608D and T1500-1BD any sujjestions <b>between the two and only the two.</b> Thanks.

I would go with the RF hands down.

BXi2608D

2600 Watts RMS Power @ 1 ohm

Peak Power: 5000+ Watts

and plus I've heard alot of good things about hifi but, still rockford IMO has a more respected name and it does more than what it says I'm just in for the honest opinions I want watt for watt on this sub.

There aren't any regulations on what companies 'rate' their amps at. I'm not positive on what one of those Hifonics put out, but I'm sure that it isn't 2600 watts. Rockford usually rates their products pretty close to what they say. (usually underrated, i.e. RF rates the P400.4 at 50X4, my birth sheet says 76x4)

I would, as would 95% of this forums I bet. What are you paying for the RF?

There aren't any regulations on what companies 'rate' their amps at.

CEA :runlaugh:

I'm not positive on what one of those Hifonics put out, but I'm sure that it isn't 2600 watts.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Rockford usually rates their products pretty close to what they say. (usually underrated, i.e. RF rates the P400.4 at 50X4, my birth sheet says 76x4)

Birth sheets mean squat.

There aren't any regulations on what companies 'rate' their amps at.

CEA :runlaugh:

I'm not positive on what one of those Hifonics put out, but I'm sure that it isn't 2600 watts.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Rockford usually rates their products pretty close to what they say. (usually underrated, i.e. RF rates the P400.4 at 50X4, my birth sheet says 76x4)

Birth sheets mean squat.

Okay.

Edit: Is it a requirement that all amps have to be CEA certified?

Edited by abxx

some companies will abide to the CEA power rating. it would say CEA compliant on the box. the birth sheet isn't always going to show more for the RF amps. it does do close to the rated readings. usually +/- 200 watts. also another thing to know is that CEA rating is at 14.4 volts. some companies may rate their power lower, like sundown.

Edited by phi

For $350 you can pick up a factory recertified Sundown SAZ-1500D from dB-r.

x2

Is this a good referb company? I mean I've heard of companies that only fix that one problem thats visible and just that and that only, do they check and test everything etc? I'm seriously going to consider this it's something new to where I live, I should make it hott. Haha :D

dB-r = the best in repair in my opinion. I know if one of my amps fails, it will go there.

I am pretty sure he gives a 1 year warranty - most refurbs are just 90 days.

Last time I talked to him, the SAZ-1500D is one of his favorite amps. . .Get the new heatsink for $375.

Brian

dB-r = the best in repair in my opinion. I know if one of my amps fails, it will go there.

I am pretty sure he gives a 1 year warranty - most refurbs are just 90 days.

Last time I talked to him, the SAZ-1500D is one of his favorite amps. . .Get the new heatsink for $375.

Brian

Appreciate the help.