Sign in to follow this  
Just_Crazy

aura vs morel ultimo

Researched both and like what I read on both for SQ. Both are great looking subs, but don't know if I want the Morel because of 1000watts. Just don't want to hit that hard but if it is that tight and clean I would consider it. What do you guys think.

Don't look at the power rating like that :)

Between them...it's a tough call. I'd probably take the NS if you could find it, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Ultimo either. One potential advantage of the NS/MR was that it was made in larger sizes, while the Ultimo is only offered in a 10" and 12", IIRC...could be wrong about that.

Researched both and like what I read on both for SQ. Both are great looking subs, but don't know if I want the Morel because of 1000watts. Just don't want to hit that hard but if it is that tight and clean I would consider it. What do you guys think.

Not sure why the word hit would ever be anywhere near a post when you are discussing an SQ setup.

Both are very nice speakers. Make sure the amp is a quality one and the install is well done to go along with it.

The hit is in the installation and box design, not the sub. Obviously some take to that treatment differently than others.