JoshM20

Seats with Airbags??

Hey guys,

I wanna take all my seats out when it gets warmer. The only thing I am cautious about is that my front seats have airbags in them... Is it ok to take these seats out? Do I just need to unconnect the wiring and be carefull doing it?

Thx

Josh~

I'd disconnect your battery first, then disconnect the seats, THEN take them out.

I'd disconnect your battery first, then disconnect the seats, THEN take them out.

Yea, I have never tryed to take seats out with air bags in the shoulders... I would be so pissed if one of them blew haha... I will try this and pray several times during :)

Yea, I have never tryed to take seats out with air bags in the shoulders... I would be so pissed if one of them blew haha... I will try this and pray several times during :)

I don't knopw what kind of car you have too, but most vehicles you have to let sit after disconnecting the battery for 15 seconds to a couple of hours afterwards to let the battery backup in the air bag module discharge. If not, it can possible still discharge and set off the air bags.

I don't knopw what kind of car you have too, but most vehicles you have to let sit after disconnecting the battery for 15 seconds to a couple of hours afterwards to let the battery backup in the air bag module discharge. If not, it can possible still discharge and set off the air bags.

Think I should just disconnect it for a whole day? It is a 08 Mazda6

Find the factory service manual and then read how to disable the airbag system.

According to the service manual on yours, Wait one minute or more before doing anything to it after disconnecting the battery. Another thing to remember is htat on the newer one there are wieght sensors in the seats now. DO NOT REMOVE THE SEAT FROM THE RISER IF YOUR CAR HAS RISERS ON THE SEAT!! If you do, you will have to buy new sensors, which are usually around $50 to $100 each and take four of them on average. Plus then you'll have to take it to the dealer and have them re-calibrated which can take a couple of hours to do. The sensors, once un-torqued from their positions, are not re-useable. Just be caqreful with it. Other than that, have fun :drink40:

According to the service manual on yours, Wait one minute or more before doing anything to it after disconnecting the battery. Another thing to remember is htat on the newer one there are wieght sensors in the seats now. DO NOT REMOVE THE SEAT FROM THE RISER IF YOUR CAR HAS RISERS ON THE SEAT!! If you do, you will have to buy new sensors, which are usually around $50 to $100 each and take four of them on average. Plus then you'll have to take it to the dealer and have them re-calibrated which can take a couple of hours to do. The sensors, once un-torqued from their positions, are not re-useable. Just be caqreful with it. Other than that, have fun :drink40:

.... Yea that sounds like a load of fun..... Are riser's the brackets they are on?