faezich

Electrical Upgrades for my System necessary?

Hi,

I drive a 2005 e91 BMW 320 Diesel Touring. Stock Allternator with 120 Amps (Diesel) and 1 Kinetik HC 1400 and AWG 4 Power Cables(idk for sure, in germany its measured in square mm, i have 51 mm2) for OEM Batt to Kinetik Batt and from Kinetik to Amp.

I want to know if i should do some upgrade to run a Rockford T20001bd perfectly. I'm gonna get a FI BTL 15 soon and don't want to smoke it up because of clipping... :bull:

I already searched for a HO Alt but wasn't able do find s.th. for my ride.

And sorry for the perhabs stupid question, but what the heck is or are the big 3??

Any Input??!?!

I would appreciate!

Hi,

I drive a 2005 e91 BMW 320 Diesel Touring. Stock Allternator with 120 Amps (Diesel) and 1 Kinetik HC 1400 and AWG 4 Power Cables(idk for sure, in germany its measured in square mm, i have 51 mm2) for OEM Batt to Kinetik Batt and from Kinetik to Amp.

I want to know if i should do some upgrade to run a Rockford T20001bd perfectly. I'm gonna get a FI BTL 15 soon and don't want to smoke it up because of clipping... :bull:

I already searched for a HO Alt but wasn't able do find s.th. for my ride.

And sorry for the perhabs stupid question, but what the heck is or are the big 3??

Any Input??!?!

I would appreciate!

... and the amp for the front system?

maybe u should consider a BL for the Rockford T20001bd (i dont say that the BTL wontplay good ... but sure wont show all of his power)

the big 3 is an upgrade from your stock electrical wires .... big3

Front System and Amp is a European Brand called Audio System, i don't think you know them but they make high end components..

But if you like to google:

Frontsystem : Audio System X-ion 200 BMW

Amp for the System: Audio System Twister F4-380 III

And why not the T20001bd for the BTL at first?

I know the BTL could handle more power and i'm looking how i can import a Sundown SAZ 3000D to Germany. It's not that easy for my, especially the high shipping and extra taxes.... And i found no online store shipping sundown to germany..!

So, do i have to upgrade s.th., or to make the big 3??

Or is it ok how it is?

PS: Sry for my perhabs bad language, i hope it's possible to understand me :captain:

You're fine in buying the BTL. I would run 0/1 wire and do the big 3. You have a Kinetic. Try it out and if you're dropping voltage, you need to add another battery. (Or a HO alternator).

Alright.

Sadly i have to import the 1/0 Gauge Wire because these things are soo stupid expensive over here...

How much do I need for the BMW Touring for the Big 3? (Stock Batt in the trunk!)

What Brand is good, i was thinking of the KnuKonceptz Wire?? Good or not, just let me know.

Edited by faezich

why would the t20001bd be under powering it? Ive seen most of those amps birth sheets, and a lot of them show a good 2800 rms?

as for your car, I would just say upgrading to 0 guage power cable in the car and under the hood, and see if you have any problems from there

Edited by rumproast789

Hmm, mine showed 2651 Watt at 1 Ohm on the Birthsheet, idk but i think it's ok for the BTL...

OK, I'm going to ask my friend bladeice for some wire, i think he can make a good deal :neil:

yeah see, 2600 rms, the btl is rated at 2000. Are you getting it fully loaded? I know it can take more if its fully loaded, but its all install dependent really.

Edited by rumproast789

why would the t20001bd be under powering it? Ive seen most of those amps birth sheets, and a lot of them show a good 2800 rms?

as for your car, I would just say upgrading to 0 guage power cable in the car and under the hood, and see if you have any problems from there

Birthsheets mean completely nothing.

Bladeice is a member on here, give it a try.

Most 1/0 gauge is the same, welding cable is just as good.

thats what I'm using :)

really? Birthsheets mean nothing? How so?

yeah see, 2600 rms, the btl is rated at 2000. Are you getting it fully loaded? I know it can take more if its fully loaded, but its all install dependent really.

Yeah its fully loaded :bigclap:

I already stay in contact with him because he's the one who supplied my Btl to Europe :clap: :clap: :clap:

Btw: Why mean Birhtsheets nothing?? Why is then Rf doing this wich each single Amp??

An amplifier is made on an assembly line, lets say 200 are made in one run. They pick one to test, they will test it at 14.4 volts (most cars cannot even et close to 14.4) and then print the birthsheets for those 200 amps.

Most mainstream companies do it, Kicker, Rockford. Ever wonder why Sundown doesn't? Because Jake won't mislead you my printing an absurd number on a piece of paper and saying it will put out that much power in your car.

An amplifier is made on an assembly line, lets say 200 are made in one run. They pick one to test, they will test it at 14.4 volts (most cars cannot even et close to 14.4) and then print the birthsheets for those 200 amps.

wow thats as gay as it can possibly be...... So the only real way to find out is to use a clamp or something?

wow thats as gay as it can possibly be...... So the only real way to find out is to use a clamp or something?

Exactly.

Clammped a DD M3 at 2ohm and 11 volts STILL doing 1500 =)

Sorry randomness..... but amps can do weird thing. His amp might be above it... We don't know

Either way, it will push the sub, and guy up there was right it's all about the box!!

Birthsheets mean nothing, But still dont let that change your mind about that Rockford Amp if your mind is set on it..

They really are straight amps..