1hawaii50

Looking for sub suggestions

I'm going to be doing an install in a freind's 08 Suburban, and he wants a "false floor" built for the rear cargo area. The false floor will house the amplifier (Rockford 25 to life power 1000) and wiring. He wants either a single 12", dual 10", or dual/triple 8" subs, but he wants the false floor to be used as the sub box. He doesn't want to have to deal with a massive sub box in the cargo area. My question is, if the false floor is built 6-8" high, will it be "thick" enough for a proper sub enclosure. I have plenty of space to work with length/width-wise, but the depth is going to be the problem. I guess I'm trying to ask if a shallow box will work ok, as long as I have the needed volume (make up the difference with the length and width)? He's also still undecided on the subs, so I'm open to any recommendations there also. The sub channel on the amp will be putting out 650-700w rms x 1 @ 2ohms, and 925-1000w rms x 1 @ 1ohm.

I believe it should work if I am understanding you correctly. As for the sub woofer ideas, do you have a approximate idea on total mounting depth you have to work with?