Sign in to follow this  
Apex Rex

1999 F150 SCab

It has been far too long since I have had a vehicle that I could do a build in, so I'm super excited to be working on this. The pieces that you can't see are the SS Damp and Overkill in the doors.

Equipment as of right now consists of DLS components up front running active off a Sundown SAX 100.4, 2 SoundSplinter Orphan8's powered by a Zapco Ref 750.2, with an Eclipse CD8443 for a head unit. Wiring is from Knu with 1/0 for power and ground, 4 gauge distro'd to the amps, 12 gauge for speaker wire.

I'll be replacing the Zapco with a Sundown 1500D when I save up a little more, since the Zapco is my brother's and he's just loaning it to me at the moment. I stabbed a hole in one of the DLS woofers, so I have some Mach5 MLI-65s on the way to replace them with. Once the new woofers are in it will be lots of tuning time! Just need a little more time organizing the wiring at the amps, but since I still have to build the brackets to lift my rear seat I'm not terribly worried about it right this second. Probably take care of that this weekend though.

34f1sog.jpg

24whhlz.jpg

2qmmbms.jpg

Now for some shots of the build of my a-pillars...

x4fcew.jpg

o22k9.jpg

2ho900j.jpg

35n4pcz.jpg

2v9ss9s.jpg

24xm8ax.jpg

15z2gzo.jpg

210c50o.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

glassin a tweeter in the a-pillar ftl.

shoulda done something bigger :)

:(

Any suggestions? :) I've been contemplating a 3-way front stage, but I don't know where to put another amp to power them...