Sign in to follow this  
pervitizm

So I'm having an issue with one of my subs

I've posted this under Subwoofer/Enclosures section over on SMD but I figured I'd post it here as well since this is another DC sub forum. Any thoughts on what this could be?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

sounds like a slightly loose dustcap.

have you only just got it? i had one with a similar issue recently?

when i bought my pair, i got a similar noise from one.. it sounded like something was rubbing inside the sub..

i had broke in my subs using 20 - 25Hz tones played in free air.. when i 1st started to break them in, the noise was very audible.. but about an hour of breakin time later, the majority of noise went away.. now i hardly hear anything at all..

are your subs new? or is it something that just developed?

Subs are about 11 months old although I've only had them playing for about 7 of those months. So the subs are seasoned sort of speak. I've notice this sound since I've had them but I always thought that it was the Autotek amp that I had on them. When I changed that out for the pair of kicker I have on them now and it was still doing the same thing that lead me to believe that the sub itself might be messed up.