Sign in to follow this  
04BlueSRT

Suggestions and help needed...

This is for 2-10" Alpine Type-R subs (SWR-1022D), and will be powered by an Alpine MRD-M501 amplifier rated at 550W into 2 ohm mono.

These are my inside dimensions:

Height 10"

Depth 10"

Width 15.25"

Total is .88 ft^3/sub

Total outside box dimensions are:

11"x11"x32"

I need to put this box underneath a rear strut bar and from the bottom of the bar to the trunk floor is 11 1/2". Will this work or should I scrap the strut bar and build a taller box?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Ed

This is for 2-10" Alpine Type-R subs (SWR-1022D), and will be powered by an Alpine MRD-M501 amplifier rated at 550W into 2 ohm mono.

These are my inside dimensions:

Height 10"

Depth 10"

Width 15.25"

Total is .88 ft^3/sub

Total outside box dimensions are:

11"x11"x32"

I need to put this box underneath a rear strut bar and from the bottom of the bar to the trunk floor is 11 1/2". Will this work or should I scrap the strut bar and build a taller box?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Ed

0.88 ft^3 is a good size for a Type R 10". If you want a little more room under the strut bar, you can always do a slanted back or front. Give you more room, and you could have the box installed snug to the rear seat. I am assuming that width is for each sub? Two chambers?

Yes, 15.25" is per sub total width would be 32" using 3/4" MDF. I was just kind of worried about the height of the box compared to the 10" sub.

Ed

Yes, 15.25" is per sub total width would be 32" using 3/4" MDF. I was just kind of worried about the height of the box compared to the 10" sub.

Ed

If you are worried, do a slanted side (where you will mount the subs). Here is a calculator: http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

A little harder to make, but allows for easier implementation in your case.

Cool, I'll try that when I get home from work. If you thinkmy size will work, I'll probably stick with that. I'll mess with the link you gave me and see what it comes up with. :)

Thanks,

Ed