Sign in to follow this  
kross6622

New system help

So my last car got totaled and I am tryign to put together a solid system in my new 07 grand prix.

I am working on getting the following

Pioneer Premier f90bt ( I know its not the latest model but they have 4.0 volt outs compared to the new Pioneer 910bt)

Inifinity Perfects 6.1

Infinity Kappa 693.9

Rockford Fosgate Power 400-4 *(Already have from my old setup)

Old School 2003 Rockford Fosgate 150.1bd Amp (1500 watts rms @ 2 ohms)

Now I am new to this high end of stuff. What would be the best Fi sub to choose and how big should my box be. I want the sub to be more powerful then the amp so its near impossible to blow. Since the amp is rated 1500 watts RMS at 2 ohms a dual 1 is what I should choose correct? I was thinking of getting 2 12's but I think I might just stick with 1 12 for the space factor.

Also do you think I should dynomat the trunk if I put this much wattage back there. I dont want it to rattle apart its a 07.

All help is appreciated. '

Notes: Reason for infinity door speakers is my good friend works there and gets me them at 40% off. My multi channel amp is from my old system and I still got a long time left on the warranty. Also the amp I am buying from a friend. If you think the amp would be no good for this kinda setup let me know so I dont buy it.

1st are you looking to get loud or sound good?

A Mixture.

My previous setup was

boston acustic sx60s in the front

boston sx65 in the back

Powered by the rockford t400.4

Then a orion 12 powered by a rockford punch 300.

Basically, the less power it has i want better quality. I don't want to push the sub to the max. The amp is rated at 1500 watts rms at 2 ohms, so i think my best choice would be a 12in btl right?

you could go with it, but the bl fully loaded is a better choice in my eyes. it would be more suited for that power.

you could go with it, but the bl fully loaded is a better choice in my eyes. it would be more suited for that power.

What are the two speakers rated for at 2 ohms.

I know the BL is rated 1000 watts rms and the BTL is 2000 Watts . What Ohms are those at, I am going to run it in a series and get the dual 1 ohm.

What size box would be best for each?

Also I have an old hifonics 1600 watt rms amp. I am not sure if its possible but can you run the two amps to one sub? I dont plan on it, but just out of curiosity. I may sound dumb, but you cant learn if you dont ask.

Also if I were to get a custom box, I would prefer shorter and wider, would that affect the quality or as long as it has the right amount of cubic feet i should be ok?

A couple of things, don't be so worried about perfectly matching power ratting of amp and sub, worry about setting th amp gain properly. ;) Strapping is the term / processed used when running more then one amplifer to a single speaker, keep in mind though that the amps have to have the capability to be strapped and they have to be the same model. Based on how the topic has gone so far, I think th e BL ported and tuned nice and low would b a good choice for a single sub set up, if not consider a pair of SSD's.

A couple of things, don't be so worried about perfectly matching power ratting of amp and sub, worry about setting th amp gain properly. ;) Strapping is the term / processed used when running more then one amplifer to a single speaker, keep in mind though that the amps have to have the capability to be strapped and they have to be the same model. Based on how the topic has gone so far, I think th e BL ported and tuned nice and low would b a good choice for a single sub set up, if not consider a pair of SSD's.

I know this may sound stupid, but how would I go about getting it fully loaded. Does that just mean selecting all available options, or do I need to call and say I want it fully loaded. The main thing here is the amp I have is 1500 watts rms ( more like 1600 watts true rms). Its old but still powerful. The new 2000.1bd from roford are only 1500 watts at 2 ohms also. I paid 120 for the amp, as i traded an old surround sound with it too. It was a good deal I rly couldn't pass up.

Reason I say all this is because in the future the amp might break or, I just might want more power. Since I have the kit so it will run 0 gauge wire and all that Id like to just have one sub, and not worry about having to upgrade when the time comes. Simply swap the amps. My biggest downside is that I have to buy the sub for 2 ohms as its the lowest stable ohms I can go. Meaning if I get a new amp I have to make sure its most powerful at 2 ohms, rather then 1.

I would get 2 subs, but one it will cost more and two it will take up most of my trunk. I like to keep room in my trunk for when I need it. As far as the box goes, if I where to get a fully loaded bl what would be a good setup. and if i get a fully loaded btl what would be a good setup. If im not fully powering the btl would a smaller box help?

Like Since its only getting 2/3 what it can easily take would I use 2/3 the max box size. But then when I upgraded would that bring a problem.

Also I read somewhere that you should tune the box to around 32 htz. Does that sound about right?

also what kind of electrical upgrades should i do, and what should I get.

HO alternator? How many amps I have a grand prix (07)

Upgrade battery? Is a second one needed?

Capacitor? Which kind?

yellow top for battery upgrade, and capacitors i wouldnt the big 3 will take care of the voltage drop problem

yellow top for battery upgrade, and capacitors i wouldnt the big 3 will take care of the voltage drop problem

Great so i wouldnt need a HO alt or capasitor?

Thanks,

I am also looking at maybe getting the JBL GTO2400.1 Amp. I think if I get that amp I would need the BTL series. Correct? its 2400 watts at 2 ohms

An update, I just got a Orion 2500d, its pushes 2500 watts at 1 ohm.

It has 2 power and 2 ground.

I am going to use this amp. What Electrics would I need as far as Alternator, Battery, and second (battery?) if you could link me where I could buy.

It pushes 1700 watts at 2 ohms @ 13.8 volts.

I think that is what I am going to run it at. I know I can get more wattage out of running it at 1 ohm, but on Fi site they say dual 1 is like .7 ohms per voice coill. meaning 1.4 ohms is what it would be actually running.

I think I want the fi btl 12 in fully loaded. Do you think that this will be appropriate or am I under powering it?

An update, I just got a Orion 2500d, its pushes 2500 watts at 1 ohm.

It has 2 power and 2 ground.

I am going to use this amp. What Electrics would I need as far as Alternator, Battery, and second (battery?) if you could link me where I could buy.

It pushes 1700 watts at 2 ohms @ 13.8 volts.

I think that is what I am going to run it at. I know I can get more wattage out of running it at 1 ohm, but on Fi site they say dual 1 is like .7 ohms per voice coill. meaning 1.4 ohms is what it would be actually running.

I think I want the fi btl 12 in fully loaded. Do you think that this will be appropriate or am I under powering it?

Opps my friend never signed out. lol this ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is me. Not norizzlle90 or w/.e his screenname is. He was over and must have logged in and never logged out. Sorry for any confusion,

Sign in to follow this