ChrisToF

gaahh one of my subs blew

I have a few questons i would like for you to answer bro, it will help every one out for sure

1. What ohm sub's do u have and how are they wired?( you can check the ohm load with a dmm you put the + on the + side of your amp and the - of the dmm on the - on the amp)ps its a up side down u on your dmm and put it at the lowest number it might say 200k or so

2.What radio do u have, is it 2 volts or 4 volts that will effect how your gain should be set

3. The shop you went to do they know about fi subs

Here is what i think they wired it up put it in a box to small , turned the deck up and said ok ok ok turn the gain up ok thats good. i would like to know on a side note do they do big jobs or do they try to sell there own subs ( jbl kicker mtx you get the idea)

One last thing its not a shoot at you but bro come on you paid all this money and you have no idea wtf is goin on. You have to get your sh it together i doubt Fi will do anything for free for u cuz u have no info to give them. You might need a recone bro good luck.

they r dual 1 ohm and wired parallel. i have a cda 9886 its 4 volts. and no they did not know anything about them so i told em to look it up lol. as for big jobs im not really sure. i only went there to get my cda and my subs put in. they did an ok job. the finish wasnt great but it sounded awesome so i wasnt complaining. i was eventually going to do something with the finish though bcuz it was bothering me. nothing major im just picky i guess.

and to duran, if 3/4 is to high then how high should it be set. or how can i figure out how high it should be set.

Is each speaker wired in series or parallel? If they are wired in parallel individually then they had you at .25 ohm load, which I doubt the shop was that dumb to do but you never know.

If the coils are wired in series and the subs are wired in parallel like the picture below then your fine since is a 1 ohm load.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=12

i asked a guy i know that knows alot about this stuff and i told him how far up the gain was and he said that is the most likely cause. i guess i shouldve checked it even though the ppl at the shop shouldve done it right.