Lucky 76

strapping ? and electrical ?

so i was thinking of 2 saz-3000d as well as the 100.4... this is for daily ... if i have it strapped for 1 ohm (each amp at .5 ohm) and i tune it with an oscilloscope is this still a bad idea? ... wouldnt the nominal resisitance rise up to over 1 ohm anyway so it would be safe? ... what do you recommend as far as total aH (jake i forgot what you said lol) and how many strands of 1/0 will suffice to the rear (approx 15 ft from front to back battery bank)?

All of this talk about "with rise" for a daily system is BS... by the way. Half ohm nominal is half ohm nominal.

Little more information about that :

http://www.audiograph.se/subpages/technical/whatmakesagoodamplifier.htm

"This proves to be very important, since a loudspeaker with a nominal impedance of 4 ohms will sometimes have an actual impedance of 1 ohm or less."

It can be LESS than nominal on music.

All of this talk about "with rise" for a daily system is BS... by the way. Half ohm nominal is half ohm nominal.

Little more information about that :

http://www.audiograph.se/subpages/technical/whatmakesagoodamplifier.htm

"This proves to be very important, since a loudspeaker with a nominal impedance of 4 ohms will sometimes have an actual impedance of 1 ohm or less."

It can be LESS than nominal on music.

i see ... so it would not be a good idea to run these amps at .5 ohm then because the resistance could also go lower than that ... so i should either go 2 saz-3500 at 1 ohm or keep the saz-3000 at 1 ohm each ... i read on your website that the saz3500 is only doing 6kw strapped ... is this correct or is there a typographical error ... also what do you recommend for wire and batteries jake?

The new product pages are not entirely up to date on the 3500D and 2000D... working on that... should say 7000 strapped.

For a real DAILY system the increased strain of 1/2 ohm is much more than most internet "experts" will lead you to believe... people still do it and may or may not break their amps, but it is a MUCH higher strain than 1 ohm.

alright so if i were to put 4 xcon 18s in my suv which of the 2 would you pick to power them? ... what do you recommend my aH rating look like ... will 2 runs of 1/0 be plenty to the battery bank?

Edited by Lucky 76

Or perhaps use an SAZ-2000D per woofer at 1 ohm each ?

I suggest a starting battery + XS Power D3100 per 2-3kw of power... and more than that if you run them at 1/2 ohm.

Or perhaps use an SAZ-2000D per woofer at 1 ohm each ?

I suggest a starting battery + XS Power D3100 per 2-3kw of power... and more than that if you run them at 1/2 ohm.

well u said that 1/2 is a bad idea so im not gonna run that ... i didnt plan on spending more than 1500 on amps so i think 4 saz-2000s is out of the ? lol ... unless you can work out some type of deal with me

Two 3500s on pre-order is only a little over that at 1700 total.

You could strap at 2 ohms and get 1 ohm per amp.

I'd get 3 or 4 XS Power D3100s.

so would 2 runs of 1/0 be enough ... i am going refurbrished n e way ... do you think u would be able to get me 4 2000s refurbed at 375 each?

so would 2 runs of 1/0 be enough ... i am going refurbrished n e way ... do you think u would be able to get me 4 2000s refurbed at 375 each?

just buy you a SAZ-4500D and call it a day.

just buy you a SAZ-4500D and call it a day.

why when i can get more output for the same price and i wouldnt have to wait until end of october

if i were to wait until u received 4 2000s would u be able to give them to me for that price?

wouldnt 4 of the 1500s be a good choice? ... i heard they are incredibly underrated ... would they put out more than 2 of the saz-3500d strapped?

if i were to wait until u received 4 2000s would u be able to give them to me for that price?

Im doubting anyone will kill their SAZ-2000D anytime soon as they have only been out for at least a month, refurbs wont be available for some time (which maybe longer than october to at least get one, you might get lucky and find one by October). Well than get 2 SAZ-3500D's and up your budget for them since your a few hundred short (your just making this harder on yourself, whatever you throw at those XCONS they will perform excellent, no need to throw more than their rms at them.

i can get 4 of the 1500s for 100 cheaper if i wait ... my question is will they put out around the same power if i were to get 2 of the 3500s

Four 1500s is similar in power to two 3500s.

which one would you do then if it were up to you jake? i have 4 subwoofers so would it be better to power each one separately?