ANT LAY

New setup

Ok so im planning on running Stinger hpm 0 ga, with a audioque 2200d pushing a 12" btl in a 2.0 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 hz will be getting bigger soon got it cheap from a friend, and will be keeping my alpine cda 9883 hu for now, this setup will be in a 04 ranger edge with the 3.0, may take my old 4ga wiring from old setup to do big 3, mostly depending on how bad dimmage i have, is there anything ive missed or need to do other than that? Also i hear a lot about people "clipping" being a noob what can do to not let this happen so far ive had 3 audio setups and have had none blow dont wanna start with my btl! Thanks

the audioque amp comes with a clipping indicator on the remote. If u didnt get the remote, go slap your friend then make him give it to you.

Soon, you may be a battery back there but you'll see if that's right or not after it's installed and ran for 1 day to 1 week.

the audioque amp comes with a clipping indicator on the remote. If u didnt get the remote, go slap your friend then make him give it to you.

Soon, you may be a battery back there but you'll see if that's right or not after it's installed and ran for 1 day to 1 week.

lol thanks man i was referring to getting the box cheap everything else is new so yea i have the remote saw the indicator wasnt sure how good it worked, also my hu it has a subwoofer setting 0-15, saying that how would i set up my amp, i always leave the bass on hu on like -6,-7 regardless so where would i need to set my gains and the subwoofer setting on the hu considering i have the remote? sorry for the noob questions

set the subwoofer setting on +15, bass on 0.

Now go to amp-

Turn subsonic filter straight up in the middle, turn low pass filter to around 70-90hz.

Turn gain all the way DOWN, on the remote control, turn it about 3\4 of the way UP.

Now, play a test tone, let's say 50hz and start turning the gain up until the clipping light just barely comes on.

When that happens, you are done, :) that's easy.

Now, you can play your music at up to volume 27 and for music, you "may" be able to turn remote all the up. some music peaks higher but i want you to set it at 3\4 so in some instances you can turn it up higher for some music.

It's ok if the clipping indicator flashes or blinks or rapidly blinks(but only for short durations). If the clipping indicator ever stays solid red, turn it down! that's how subs get damaged, heat buildup is bad.

Once you are done with this, you can slowly turn the subsonic back down using a low tuned note like 25hz. Keep turning it down at volume 27 until the sub moves at a massive level. Once the sub has reached what YOU think is a dangerous level, stop turning it down.

Remember - when u start setting volume to 27 to begin the subsonic setting at 25hz, make sure it's not moving dangerously before volume 27 or at 27 before turning the filter down more!

Now go to amp-

Turn subsonic filter all the way UP, turn low pass filter to around 70-90hz.

Turn gain all the way DOWN, on the remote control, turn it about 3\4 of the way UP.

Now, play a test tone, let's say 50hz and start turning the gain up until the clipping light just barely comes on.

Now, you can play your music at up to volume 27 and for music, you "may" be able to turn remote all the up. some music peaks higher but i want you to set it at 3\4 so in some instances you can turn it up higher for some music.

It's ok if the clipping indicator flashes or blinks or rapidly blinks(but only for short durations). If the clipping indicator ever stays solid red, turn it down! that's how subs get damaged, heat buildup is bad.

great man thanks!

reread my post, i edited out part of the subsonic part for good reason.

reread my post, i edited out part of the subsonic part for good reason.

ok i see it thanks, again!

one more question where can i get a 50hz (or whatever i need) test tone to do the setup with?

one more question where can i get a 50hz (or whatever i need) test tone to do the setup with?

i use bass mekaniks, but i see you can click in shizzzon's sig for some...

Now go to amp-

Turn subsonic filter straight up in the middle, turn low pass filter to around 70-90hz.

Once you are done with this, you can slowly turn the subsonic back down using a low tuned note like 25hz. Keep turning it down at volume 27 until the sub moves at a massive level. Once the sub has reached what YOU think is a dangerous level, stop turning it down.

Remember - when u start setting volume to 27 to begin the subsonic setting at 25hz, make sure it's not moving dangerously before volume 27 or at 27 before turning the filter down more!

what if i dont plan on going up that high usually the loudest ill go is 23 or 24, do i still need to do the last part?

well i would think, if you stillw ant your sub to perform at the potiential it would if you were to use volume 27. just do the whole thing, but instead of setting to 27, set it to what you normally listen too. aka 23 or 24.

just my 2cents, hopefully shizzzon will come correct me. but if it was me, i would just do what i said.

sounds like it will slam

yea its awesome im more than happy with the sub, now i just have to get a bigger enclosure to unlock its potential fing05.gif