I just got a saz 1500d and am trying to get the gain set just right. With nothing hooked to it and at 27/35 volume, bass -2, sub -2 and with the gain set 1/2, my DMM reads 60.8 volts. This seems way too high but it does sound pretty good on my dd 3512 wired to 4 ohms. Only thing though, 60 volts would be equal to 3600 watts at 1 ohm. Am I doing something wrong or is this the baddest 1500 watt amp in the world?

if your wiring the 1500d to 4 ohms you need it to be at 40 volts.

its rated 400 watts at 4 ohms.

400*4=1600

1600 squared is 40.

Ok, I cut it back some. About the best I get to was 45 volts. This thing is real touchy, I barely move it from there and it goes down to 35. So I figure 40 volts should be pretty close if I keep the volume one notch lower. Now, are you familiar with the 1500d? What exactly does the phase control do? I turn it but nothing really changes. And I must say WOW, I am very impressed with this amp so far. Even at 4 ohms my 3512 is slamming, almost afraid to go down to 1 ohm on it and see what it can really do. Thanks for your help, btw.

Ok, I cut it back some. About the best I get to was 45 volts. This thing is real touchy, I barely move it from there and it goes down to 35. So I figure 40 volts should be pretty close if I keep the volume one notch lower. Now, are you familiar with the 1500d? What exactly does the phase control do? I turn it but nothing really changes. And I must say WOW, I am very impressed with this amp so far. Even at 4 ohms my 3512 is slamming, almost afraid to go down to 1 ohm on it and see what it can really do. Thanks for your help, btw.

well the 1500d is underrated so even though its rated at 400 watts it puts out more.

jacob from sundown did testing on it and it put out 518 watts at 4 ohms.

and your phase you dont have to worry about. just turn it all the way down.

edit- sorry i didnt explain what phase was. it allows your speakers and subs to all move in and out at the same time.

if you hear an echo in your car or dont like how it sounds you can play with the phase but i just leave mine at 0 because it sounds fine.

Edited by iputon326

why did you set the gain with the sub out at -2, everything ive read says put the sub out all the way up, the way you have it set, you have to turn the gain MUCH higher to make power than if you had the sub out turned up and the eq flat. Im not sure but id assume its easier to turn the gain up and into clipping at the amp if your amplifying such a low signal so high.

why did you set the gain with the sub out at -2, everything ive read says put the sub out all the way up, the way you have it set, you have to turn the gain MUCH higher to make power than if you had the sub out turned up and the eq flat. Im not sure but id assume its easier to turn the gain up and into clipping at the amp if your amplifying such a low signal so high.

its fine he just has to set everything before he sets the gain and doesnt change it after.

if he changes it afterwards it can cause the amp to clip.

When I got everything put in, I didn't have a DMM handy so I set everything by ear. Even with the bass and sub level all the way up I didn't hear any distortion. So for most of the time I kept them backed down some anyways leaving me some room to play with it. I finally got a chance to get a DMM on it and it was reading 60.8 where it was sitting, ie, bass -2 sub -2. Was just wondering how it was that I wasn't getting any distortion with the gain being so high and everything else low. Now it sits at 45 volts with the bass at +6/12 and the sub level +4/6. These are usually where I max out anyways. I might back it down some more when I rewire to 1 ohm. I'm trying to find an o-scope to just do It right and leave it alone. Usually I just go by ear and never have a problem. Its been years since I've blown a speaker. But never had more than about 750 going into them either. Btw, the 3512 is only a week old so I'm running it at 4 ohm for 2 weeks before I change it down to 1 ohm, like dd recommends.

yea before i set my gain with my dmm i had the bass on 5/7 and i couldnt hear the words so great with the sub.

after i set my gain i put my bass to 0 and its soooo much better. since there was a lot of bass going through the speakers it was causing distortion.

you wouldnt hear distortion because the sub can take a lot more.

it was just causing your amp to clip and you cant hear that.

also you say that thats where you max out anyways. since you already set the gain with your settings where you want them dont change mess with them at all now.

you put your settings where you want them then set the gain.

Edited by iputon326