94CamryBumpin

DD 9515e or 2-12" RL-p's...

Hmmm tryin to make a decision on which ones would be louder/have deeper bass..im lookin for LSQ...and im looking for the bass that wows the friends but also hits low to vibrate your seats...just tryin to get some opinions...i would most likely get the DD used for cheaper than the 2 RL-p's...TIA

well...

the two 12's will have more cone area, and the potential to get louder. however, DD's are known for getting loud.

rl-p's have fantastic sq, whereas with my limited experience with DD's has lead me to believe that sq isn't the strong suit. it's decent, but not great. but then again, none of the installs in which DD's were used are necessarly geared towards sq either.

i think both are extremely capable of getting low. the rl-p 12's are the most impressive 12's i've heard (save solo x's) for getting insanely low.

while this is mostly a toss-up...my vote is for the rl-p

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well...

the two 12's will have more cone area, and the potential to get louder. however, DD's are known for getting loud.

rl-p's have fantastic sq, whereas with my limited experience with DD's has lead me to believe that sq isn't the strong suit. it's decent, but not great. but then again, none of the installs in which DD's were used are necessarly geared towards sq either.

i think both are extremely capable of getting low. the rl-p 12's are the most impressive 12's i've heard (save solo x's) for getting insanely low.

while this is mostly a toss-up...my vote is for the rl-p

WHATS A SOLO X?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

WHATS A SOLO X?

oh ,a kicker? that good eh? 12 incher on e bay for $500 or the 18 for 700? im gonna try the rl-p for tu-fitty.

what do u guys think about a TC Sounds Uberwoofer? anyone had any experience with it? here is a review: http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89366

there's like three ppl here (more i believe) that own that sub...ss3079, njccbflo and tirefryr..give them a pm, or ask in the sub section. they'll give ya the answer ur looking for! which is a good one!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

WHATS A SOLO X?

oh ,a kicker? that good eh? 12 incher on e bay for $500 or the 18 for 700? im gonna try the rl-p for tu-fitty.

kicker's spl monster...and $700 for the 18 is cheap..they retail around $1700....i got mine for $750 (well, free at first, but i decided to buy it)

u'll like the rl-p..lol...the solo can't hold the rl-p's jock when it comes to getting low, loud and sounding great doing it. the solo's get loud first, low second and don't get to sounding great...lol...but can sound good.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

(2) 12s w/25mm excursion > (1) 15 w/25mm excursion.

-Nick

"Uber" by far. Honestly, I've no experience with SS as yet.... but Knowing that Mike's backed by TC; knowing that the motor design on the "Uber" Custom is a notch or three up (IMO); having an Uber and being able to have compared it to DD 99's & 95's, RE MTs, SXs, and XXX's, Adire Brahmas, Kicker L7's, and quite a few other....

Uber.

But this is not a fair comparison. This is basically comparing a Kicker L5 to a Kicker Solo X (not because of the SPL orientation, but because of the technology). For example.

No offense to any SS guys, especially Mike ;)

Just my $0.02.

The "Uber" has it's shortfalls - as all woofers do, but to me they are MUCH more exceptable then many others.

-Nick

"Uber" by far. Honestly, I've no experience with SS as yet.... but Knowing that Mike's backed by TC; knowing that the motor design on the "Uber" Custom is a notch or three up (IMO); having an Uber and being able to have compared it to DD 99's & 95's, RE MTs, SXs, and XXX's, Adire Brahmas, Kicker L7's, and quite a few other....

Uber.

ahhh..but the rl-p, IMO, can run heads up against the SX, XXX, brahma, and L7 any day of the week in spl and sq. and IMO it beats the 99's and 95's in sq way easily, a few of those can get louder by handling more power, but that's it. but i know for a fact (well, by my ear) the rl-p will get lower then teh xxx and the L7 in same/compareable boxes.

But this is not a fair comparison. This is basically comparing a Kicker L5 to a Kicker Solo X (not because of the SPL orientation, but because of the technology). For example.

No offense to any SS guys, especially Mike ;)

Just my $0.02.

The "Uber" has it's shortfalls - as all woofers do, but to me they are MUCH more exceptable then many others.

-Nick

and u know as well as i the solox has been beaten by it's lesser brethern in spl contests. this had to do more with enclosure then the sub itself, i'm sure, but it has been beat.

but ur right, the rl-p is a lil overmatched by the "Uber". and it's supposed to be. but only because power handling and potential displacement are going to allow it to possibly be louder in a given situation. and because the "Uber" is supposed to be an "exotic" sub. it should be the better sub. but i'd still put the rl-p up against it in sq anyday.

mike, u've heard both, what u say?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Truth be told, I have not heard the Uber. Those were being built when I was first getting involved with TC as their web designer LOL! Of course that project got nixed and I ended up working with them as my OEM partner, but unfortunately I have not had the privilage of hearing the Uber myself. Nonetheless, by all the accounts I've been privvy to, it certainly seems like it would be super solid.. and likely to be a little more capable than the RL-p, all things considered (though on that note I'm sure some people would still prefer either over the other since everyone has different tastes ;) ).

....everyone has different tastes ;) ).

I'm going to go ahead and say that that id the best part of this whole thread. :)

SQ is subjective.

damn this decision is soo hard...especially since there is no one near me that has experience with any subs besides JL, RF, and all the mainstream brands etc....thats why i always ask for opinions...so nick u like your Uber mucho?

Yes I do. But I've found that it can eaily be too much output for incar subbass.

too much output?...lol what exactly does that mean...cuz this is the first time i have heard someone say anything about a sub having too much output for in car....