Sign in to follow this  
lmxd5120

new altenator mybe???

hey guys ill be running a Jbl 1200.1 watt amp at 1117 watts rms at 2ohm on a fi bl 18in do i need to get a new altenator to power that amp or will i just be fine with a capcitor ill be running this while the car is on. i hope i just can use a capacitor cause my money budget is low :(

hey guys ill be running a Jbl 1200.1 watt amp at 1117 watts rms at 2ohm on a fi bl 18in do i need to get a new altenator to power that amp or will i just be fine with a capcitor ill be running this while the car is on. i hope i just can use a capacitor cause my money budget is low :(

Dont get a capacitor, just get you a nice size secondary battery and you will be ok. What car and what size stock alternator do you have, the will really help us answer your question accurately?

Dont get a capacitor, just get you a nice size secondary battery and you will be ok. What car and what size stock alternator do you have, the will really help us answer your question accurately?

its 1989 ford probe sedan with new battery and 70amp altenator

I would at least get a 50AH (amp hour) battery or so to help out with the system. Do you plan on adding anymore amplifiers to the car?

I would at least get a 50AH (amp hour) battery or so to help out with the system. Do you plan on adding anymore amplifiers to the car?

no that will be the only amp i will use what kind of wire should i use for the battery 8 gauge 4 gauge 0 gauge?

get you a 4 gauge wiring kit and you should be fine since you dont plan on upgrading anything. I would also suggest you get some 1/0 wiring so you can do the BIG 3 Wiring, that will definantly help your voltage out alot.

BIG 3 Wiring:

1. Alternator Bolt or Engine Block to Car's Frame

2. Battery Negative to Car's Frame

3. Battery Positive to Alternator Positive

For the wiring, check out KnuKonceptz.com for excellent wire for good prices (you can git 4 gauge kit and 1/0 awg for Big 3 here).

get you a 4 gauge wiring kit and you should be fine since you dont plan on upgrading anything. I would also suggest you get some 1/0 wiring so you can do the BIG 3 Wiring, that will definantly help your voltage out alot.

BIG 3 Wiring:

1. Alternator Bolt or Engine Block to Car's Frame

2. Battery Negative to Car's Frame

3. Battery Positive to Alternator Positive

For the wiring, check out KnuKonceptz.com for excellent wire for good prices (you can git 4 gauge kit and 1/0 awg for Big 3 here).

thx man final question can u suggest good site to buy the battery

You do not have the room to run an 18" subwoofer in your trunk at all? Just get a 15" and call it a day, performance goes farther than looks. A 15" in the right enclosure will do better than a 18" in a cramp box, FYI.

Just search around for battery sites on google and find one; some good brands are XS Power, Deka, Shuriken, Kinetik, Stinger, Optima, etc.

You do not have the room to run an 18" subwoofer in your trunk at all? Just get a 15" and call it a day, performance goes farther than looks. A 15" in the right enclosure will do better than a 18" in a cramp box, FYI.

????? how do u know a 18in wont work?? shizzon is building me a box. how u gett on the subject of a 18in wont fit in my trunk?

Slow down with the question marks buddy. Since you said sedan I was thinking of car with a sealed off trunk from cabin, you have a hatchback which will fit an 18". Your wording is where I got that an 18" wont fit.

Slow down with the question marks buddy. Since you said sedan I was thinking of car with a sealed off trunk from cabin, you have a hatchback which will fit an 18". Your wording is where I got that an 18" wont fit.

oh ok sryy bout that

No your cool just wanted to help you get the best out of your system thats all.

knukonceptz is imo the best wire you can get.

post a build log, i'ld like to see the 18" install.... sounds interesting.