pitbull239

power

how many batteries would u recommend for a sundown 3500d saz pushing 2 15" xcon's and a 100.4 saz for mid's and highs?

Not enough information, your gonna need an HO Alternator and 1-2 group 31 batteries.

yea, much more info needed.

what vehicle do you have? any electrical upgrades on it?

I would suggest upgrading the alternator first anyways, because if you put 1,2,or 3 batteries on a stock alternator its gonna wear the alternator out, so upgrade that first. If you already have a high output alternator, then i'd suggest 1-2 100ah batteries.

I would suggest upgrading the alternator first anyways, because if you put 1,2,or 3 batteries on a stock alternator its gonna wear the alternator out, so upgrade that first. If you already have a high output alternator, then i'd suggest 1-2 100ah batteries.

Your gonna need 1 high output alt and you can use 2 kinetic 2400 batts,and also do the big 3..check with mechman or ohio alt

... check with dc power or DC Power or Rob, Dave or Kyle..

Depending on how you use your equipment will depend on how many batts you need.

High output alternator may also not be necessary either in regards to what i just said.

Tell us exactly how you plan on using this equipment so i can answer your question.

High output alternator may also not be necessary either in regards to what i just said.

Tell us exactly how you plan on using this equipment so i can answer your question.

thanks for your responding, here is what im doing and u tell me what u think . i have 4500 i am spending on a sick system. i wnt to pound real hard so am i purchasing this: H.o alt. 200 amp, 2 15" xcon's with a sundown 3500d saz, and focal compent systems for mid's and high's with 100.4 saz and probably 2 kinetic hc2400 batteries for the back. what do u think about that? give me some insight, oh by the way i drive a 2006 black cadillac escalade with 26's, write back. thanks kevin

thanks for your responding, here is what im doing and u tell me what u think . i have 4500 i am spending on a sick system. i wnt to pound real hard so am i purchasing this: H.o alt. 200 amp, 2 15" xcon's with a sundown 3500d saz, and focal compent systems for mid's and high's with 100.4 saz and probably 2 kinetic hc2400 batteries for the back. what do u think about that? give me some insight, oh by the way i drive a 2006 black cadillac escalade with 26's, write back. thanks kevin

io would do 18 inch xcons there sick,your gonna need a good amount of deadner.what 6s you got on there?

io would do 18 inch xcons there sick,your gonna need a good amount of deadner.what 6s you got on there?

gianelle-spezia's

would u do xcon's or nightshade's

gianelle-spezia's

XCON's and Nightshades are designed for different purposes.

I've heard that you should have atleast 100ah of battery for every 1000 watts

You should have more than that, that's minimum. If you want to play at full volume for more than a few minutes get more power.

no, that's overkill.

When you have a high output alt, that's overkill.

I would recommend a single d3100 just for the 3500d but since the 100.4 is also in play, i'd look at getting about 150aH worth of batt from XS Power.

If going with Kinetik, i'd look at gettin around 200aH.

no, that's overkill.

I would recommend a single d3100 just for the 3500d but since the 100.4 is also in play, i'd look at getting about 150aH worth of batt from XS Power.

With 400 maximum amps being drawn from just the sound system you think my suggestion is overkill?

yes for 2 reaasons.1- amps current draw average is usually 40-60% of its fuse rating2- because of no. 1, an alt arpund 250a or more can handle that load.i run 2 3500s and a 100.4 which is 690a of fusei have a 250a alt and 177ah of xs battsi never have charging problems and batts always read 91% charge or higher

no, that's overkill.

so overall if get a 150ah of xs power do u think ill be good?

yes for 2 reaasons.1- amps current draw average is usually 40-60% of its fuse rating2- because of no. 1, an alt arpund 250a or more can handle that load.i run 2 3500s and a 100.4 which is 690a of fusei have a 250a alt and 177ah of xs battsi never have charging problems and batts always read 91% charge or higher

Are XS Power Batteries that much better than Kinetik that you will need less AH if you go with XS?

ask powermaster for link(s) to tests done with multiple agm batts including comparisons with kinetik, xs power and more.

To put it short, based upon tests and how kinetik bases their recommendations for which of their batts to use for a given power application...

I come to the conclusion that Kinetik batts must have a higher internal resistance than xs.

Why do i think that?

Well, testing aside, just look at Kinetik specs vs xs power specs.

The HC2400 is only rated for systems of 2,400w even though it has almost 130aH capacity, has a Max amp rating of 2600A and weighs less than 69lbs...

The D3100 is rated for systems up to 5,000w, has 110aH(new version, old version had 117aH), has a max amp rating of 3,600A(new version has 5,000MA!!!) and weighs 77lbs.

Interesting how Kinetik has higher ratings but weigh less..

Not all batts weigh exactly the same but it seems fishy to weigh less without promoting that in the powercell features meaning... it weighs less for a reason...

It's also true that Kinetik's rest level is slightly lower than XS batts.

My XS batts will rest at 13.0v when charged via alternator and 13.2v when charged via battery charger.

The Kinetik's i've personally seen rest off alternator at 12.8-12.9v and 13.0v via battery charger.

Lower rest levels, higher internal resistance(obvious when u see max amp comparison) and less weight = not the greatest when used for high current quick discharge for competition.

Kinetik's batts appear to be good for logn term use and lack the best capability of quick discharging as well as other batts....

Such as XS Power and XStatic Battcaps.

Having said Kinetik is probably better for long term use, i still prefer XS when the prices of like batts from these 2 companies are similar. I'll go with a higher rest level anyday.

Now, if you were goin Deka... That's a whole other story.

Deka is the way to go money-wise.

You can get 2 9a31s for the price of one D3100.

Yes, Deka's rest lower, approx 12.8-12.9v but 2 of their group 31s can do 2,000CAs which will completely kill one D3100 or HC2400 anyway.

ask powermaster for link(s) to tests done with multiple agm batts including comparisons with kinetik, xs power and more.

To put it short, based upon tests and how kinetik bases their recommendations for which of their batts to use for a given power application...

I come to the conclusion that Kinetik batts must have a higher internal resistance than xs.

Why do i think that?

Well, testing aside, just look at Kinetik specs vs xs power specs.

The HC2400 is only rated for systems of 2,400w even though it has almost 130aH capacity, has a Max amp rating of 2600A and weighs less than 69lbs...

The D3100 is rated for systems up to 5,000w, has 110aH(new version, old version had 117aH), has a max amp rating of 3,600A(new version has 5,000MA!!!) and weighs 77lbs.

Interesting how Kinetik has higher ratings but weigh less..

Not all batts weigh exactly the same but it seems fishy to weigh less without promoting that in the powercell features meaning... it weighs less for a reason...

It's also true that Kinetik's rest level is slightly lower than XS batts.

My XS batts will rest at 13.0v when charged via alternator and 13.2v when charged via battery charger.

The Kinetik's i've personally seen rest off alternator at 12.8-12.9v and 13.0v via battery charger.

Lower rest levels, higher internal resistance(obvious when u see max amp comparison) and less weight = not the greatest when used for high current quick discharge for competition.

Kinetik's batts appear to be good for logn term use and lack the best capability of quick discharging as well as other batts....

Such as XS Power and XStatic Battcaps.

Having said Kinetik is probably better for long term use, i still prefer XS when the prices of like batts from these 2 companies are similar. I'll go with a higher rest level anyday.

Now, if you were goin Deka... That's a whole other story.

Deka is the way to go money-wise.

You can get 2 9a31s for the price of one D3100.

Yes, Deka's rest lower, approx 12.8-12.9v but 2 of their group 31s can do 2,000CAs which will completely kill one D3100 or HC2400 anyway.

Appreciate ya for that bit of info, I sent you a pm asking you a question about batteries earlier today or yesterday (when you get chance to look at it, just a heads up).