Sign in to follow this  
reksp13

Soundstream Help/Advice

Ok here is where I'm at, I have a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD (2) MB quarts 6 1/2 components (2) MB Quarts 6x9s powered by a Soundstream PSA4.260 and (2) Soundstream RW 12 Subs (600 watts RMS each) Powered by a SoundStream PSA2.760 (760 Watts RMS bridged @ 4 ohms) Wired like so:

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

How ever I was not satisfied. And low and behold, today my PSA2.760 took a dump. I called the company where I purchased it and they said they will send it out to get repaired or I can upgrade it for a small price to a Soundstream PCA-2000D. This amps specs are 4ohms 1100 watts, 2ohms 1500 watts, and 4ohms 2000 watts Bridged. What I wanted to know since this new amp is more powerful should should I add another RW 12 sub (3) total. And Wire like this:

3_4ohmDVC_267ohm.gif

What I really want to know is should I just let repair the amp and deal with what I got, Opt 2 Upgrade amp, or Upgrade Amp and sub. I just dont want spend any more money if I am just wasting my time with this equipment. Thank you for your advice.

All three are good options, if you have the money and space available to do an amp upgrade and add another speaker then with that route if your current system wasnt enough for you. If your current system is enough for you than factor in do i want more power for my subs or am I fine with the current amp you have powering the subs now and if so then just get it fixed. Just make sure who they are sending it too will do a good repair job and not a hack job like most amp repair companies. Just my .02

:+1: Just like JAY-CEE said if your not satisfied with your setup then do the upgrade. and just because the amp is more powerful doesn't mean you HAVE to add another sub. Actually I would suggest getting a bigger amp anyways to give you some head room and just dial down the gains to what the subs can handle. my .02

:+1: Just like JAY-CEE said if your not satisfied with your setup then do the upgrade. and just because the amp is more powerful doesn't mean you HAVE to add another sub. Actually I would suggest getting a bigger amp anyways to give you some head room and just dial down the gains to what the subs can handle. my .02

:werd_msword:

:werd_msword:

I was not at all satisfied with the way these subs where hitting. And by the way they were jumping, they don't really look like they can handle much more power. That is why I was considering the third sub. Does anyone know much about soundstream these days? I hear that a few years back power acoustic bought them and they went down hill.Of course I heard that after I bought this equipment. I just remember having OLD school reference amps and SPL sub's and they hit hard. Should I redesign my boxes? they are each in 1.2 cuft sealed boxes. Should I go ported?

It depends what the company recommends for enclosures, yeah a ported box will give you more output from your subs. If 600rms subs cant take 380 watts then it is an install issue (box size or your settings on your amp are wrong).

I am a Soundstream dealer. Lets get this straight, because some people have the wrong info.

There is a Mother company called EPSILON that owns, power acoustik, soundstream, percission power, SPL, and some other brands. Soundstream is the most reputable computer they have.

soundstream amps are true to their word on power and they have been making them on their own since the 1990's

Their subs, same thing very reliable in my opinion. Check SBN last year. Soundstream sweep SBN by setting multiple world records and had numerous competitors there that placed using Soundstream product.

Yes. I believe that making a ported box will give you the results you want with those subs. the right box will really surprise you. !!

Ok, so I should go with a ported box? I am confused. I dont mind putting the work. I will do all that is needed to make this system hit hard. Soundstream doesnt give much info about wattage for sealed vearse ported boxes. I'm sorry that what I thought was gonig to be an easy question turned out to be so indepth. This equpment is all installed in a 2007 Honda Accord trunk. I listen to 80's freestyle and hip hop If this helps. I realy want to not have to do this a third time.

Ok, so I should go with a ported box? I am confused. I dont mind putting the work. I will do all that is needed to make this system hit hard. Soundstream doesnt give much info about wattage for sealed vearse ported boxes. I'm sorry that what I thought was gonig to be an easy question turned out to be so indepth. This equpment is all installed in a 2007 Honda Accord trunk. I listen to 80's freestyle and hip hop If this helps. I realy want to not have to do this a third time.

Well the cheapest route would be to make another box for you the subs you have, ported of course and compare that to the sealed box (this will help determine which is better for your application or helps you reach your goals). After you decide what you want to go with, then upgrade amp if you still want to. If upgrading your amp you still want some more bump then finally go about adding that 3rd sub to the equation. Hope this helps.

Proper ported enclosure for the 2 12s you currently have (2.50 to 3.0 FT^3 per sub ported to 24-26Hz is proper). Upgrade to the PCA-2000d (which is a VERY good amp btw). Wire the subs in parallel to get a 1ohm load.

Those subs "should" hit pretty darn hard.

And djphilly is correct. Epsilon owns all of them, even Kole. I believe they have PPI also, but not honestly sure on that one. Would have to look at my info to be 100% sure.

I still say build the correct ported box for the subs you have.

Another thing I would suggest would be a digital bass processor since you listen to old school 80's hip hop. alot of those songs from that time don't have alot of low end stuff. but I would not turn that processor up when you listen to the new school stuff with the already amp up bass lines.

Thanks everyone for your input. I odered the new amp. I am going to try ported boxes. If that still dont do the trick then adding the extra sub is next. I am also going to take the advice of djphilly and order a Soundstream BX12 Bass Processor. I will keep you guys up to date and post pictures when complete.

cool man. let us know how it turns out. And if you need some box designs PM me and I we can go from there.

OK New amp and sub arrived. And I am already happy with just adding the amp. I am currently working on the boxes. I Have ran in to a new problem. My trunk!!!! In between were the bottom of the rear window and where the trunk meet rattles. The seals or good and it a 2007 Accord. The trunk is just sealed to good and there is no place for the air escape so it lifts the trunk up away from the seals. I bent the hinges a bit to make a tighter seal and that helped a little(very little). Any ideas? I know when I add the third sub its just going to get worst. The whole trunk is already dynomatted. Its not that. I Don't know.