Sign in to follow this  
DrgUpsy

RE SX 10's

Just thinking about putting 4 of these in my daily driver on a SA-3000d. Wondering what you guys thought of these subs since i have never had any dealings with RE before.

Well I don't have any experience with the SX 10's, but i do have an sx 15 running ported in 4 cu ft at 2 ohms off an saz-1500d. It definitely gets loud, and it sounds pretty good. It would be alot easier for others to help you if you told them what car, amp, whats the rest of your system, what kind of music you listen to, and what are your goals for these 10's? Also, any reason you chose four 10's? And are you talking about the old sx or the new sxx?

I want to know about the sub itself

Are they over or under rated

How they hold up as far as the surroud ,coil,spiders. All the pros and cons about these suns.....

Yes im talking about the SX not the SXX I have seen all the spec and gathered all info. Now im looking for personal opinions on the SX line before i buy them....

They would be going in a ported box built to sub specs thru the bedcut of a 2005 regular cab colorado, on a Sundown 3000d. Looking for daily use and spl....SQ isnt a issue

Well my single 15 gets pretty loud off the 1500d. If your going to be running @1 ohm they'll be seeing the same power my one 15 is. And that's plenty. I haven't metered my setup so I can't help you there. I've bought my sub used and have been listening to it daily for over a year with no problems.

I have a single 10 RE Sx but its in a crappy pre fab box 1.5cubic ft tuned to 38hz running off a kicker zx1000.1 Im waiting on my custom build box from Audibel Customs before I can get the full potential out of this sub, but so far it gets loud for a single ten but the lows around 35hz are missing

I got some videos on www.youtube.com/pt3005

I have a single 10 RE Sx but its in a crappy pre fab box 1.5cubic ft tuned to 38hz running off a kicker zx1000.1 Im waiting on my custom build box from Audibel Customs before I can get the full potential out of this sub, but so far it gets loud for a single ten but the lows around 35hz are missing

I got some videos on www.youtube.com/pt3005

How much power do you have on that sub

OK scratch this, I have narrowed it down to 2 options and heres why>>>>>>>>>>> I am in a hurry to get this done, 2 i dont think that the RE subs will take the power i plan on throwing at them, and 3 i cant get enough personal opinions to back them up...So I will go with 2 of new Sundown V2 Nightshade MONSTER 12's .....Or the Orion HCCA 12's.

I have experience with both the Nightshade line and the HCCA line of subs and love them both. Now to see who can get me the best deal.