elemen0hpey3ae

FI Options

Guys, I've read a lot of topics where you basically refuse to answer peoples shitty questions because they don't give you enough info, e.g. goals, music type, power, amp, room, tuning, etc.

I don't blame you so I'm going to do my best here to describe what I'm looking for and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently running 2 10" Type Rs in a custom box under my back seat, they sound pretty decent for 10s but I NEED to go louder and don't care about sacrificing half of my back seat. I'm looking to sell them to a friend and keep the Kicker amp so I'm looking at speaker options. I listen to mostly rap with some rock here and there. I like it loud but i don't want to go BTL loud, I don't want to change to a bigger amp either. For my goals and the type of music I listen to, the Q is not for me so I'm going with the BL which should be perfect with this amp (1244 watts on the test sheet).

I don't know if 1)12 or a 1)15 would suit me better. I used to run a pair of 12" L7s in my old vehicle with 750w RMS each, they were pretty damn loud (ported of course). I'm realistic and don't expect a single 12 or 15 to compare to those simply due to the lesser cone area however I want the best possible set-up. My question is: which would you recommend based on my vehicle, the 12 or the 15. The sub I choose will be installed on the back-seat and strapped down; this actually looks good if done right. Also, I've been looking at Audibel and Fisher Customs but it doesn't look like they're very responsive and/or taking orders at the moment. Is there anyone else you could recommend to build the box? Don't need anything elaborate, I just want it done right. I'm in New York.

For the 15 4.0ft3 after displacement @ 33HZ? for the 12, 3.5 ft3 @ 33hz?

2005 Dodge Ram Quad-Cab.

1/0g Kicker, Big Three.

Alpine 9856 H/U

Clarion 7 Band Eq.

Kicker ZX1000.1

2) 10 in Alpine Type-Rs

Fox Acoustics Custom Box - Ported

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X542

Front: 6.5" Type-R Components

Rear: 5.25" Type-R Components

If you've got any power tools I would suggest that you try to build it yourself. There are plenty of designs out there, some great ones right here on this site. After you build the first one, you'll never think about buying another.

the 15 over the 12. if your cool with the lost of space. the bl is a beast tho, you will be surprise.

I would get the 15" if you are going with a single sub set-up. I know this guy that can make you a 3D design and a cut-sheet for around 10 bucks and it makes building your own box really easy. In this hobby that kind of experience is priceless!

How do you like your 6.5 Alpine Type R's?

I'm happy with the 6.5s, they're real good for mid-bass and the treble isn't unbearable like the Infinity components. For 140 bones per set, I'm satisfied. I can only go up to 22-23 out of 35 VOL on the H/U before they distort but I think the equalizer will definitely help with getting these fine-tuned.

A cut sheet would be awesome, I can build it but the carpeting part may not be my thing. The sheet is definitely a start though.. How do you think the BL 15 will hold up against the L7s? They were in a fullsize ford bronco, the small volume of my dodge ram should sound pretty damn loud with that single 15 though. I'd be happy to hit 135-140

Carpeting can be one of the easiest parts in my opinion, but then again, I had previous vinyl and wallpaper experience, kind of similar I guess. With practice that gets pretty easy. You will definately be suprised by the BL 15 if you are hoping for 135.

Where in NY im in syracuse?? And i have a ssd12 sealed and it thumps hard! I wouldent mind a BL tho.

I'm happy with the 6.5s, they're real good for mid-bass and the treble isn't unbearable like the Infinity components. For 140 bones per set, I'm satisfied. I can only go up to 22-23 out of 35 VOL on the H/U before they distort but I think the equalizer will definitely help with getting these fine-tuned.

A cut sheet would be awesome, I can build it but the carpeting part may not be my thing. The sheet is definitely a start though.. How do you think the BL 15 will hold up against the L7s? They were in a fullsize ford bronco, the small volume of my dodge ram should sound pretty damn loud with that single 15 though. I'd be happy to hit 135-140

I ordered 2 sets.. hope im happy with them! I personally think that kicker is an okay company.. but they don't build their drivers like Fi does, The BL will be louder then the L7 BUT!... 2 15" BL's would make your head :trippy: which, i personally.. love that feeling hahah plus Dodge + Bass = :woot:

A few years ago i had a Audiobahn Immortal in my Dodge Dakota RT and it was legit.