armandomacedo

what do ya think of this price for install?

my bro is getting his 2008 charger sys installed. he has the subs 2 spl15 but they will need space so the box will be built into the trunk. what do ya'll think of this price?

the total quote was 2200:

the amp is a memphis mojo 2500 $1300

the box is $300

yellow top batt $200

it seems like im missing something but the rest is wiring, relay, amp rack, labor, and other miscellaneous.

the only thing else included is the shop gives a 3 year warranty on everything they do, that includes the amp.

we usually do this stuff ourself but this is out of our span and we he wants it to look pro' something we dont worry about when we do it.

my bro is getting his 2008 charger sys installed. he has the subs 2 spl15 but they will need space so the box will be built into the trunk. what do ya'll think of this price?

the total quote was 2200:

the amp is a memphis mojo 2500 $1300

the box is $300

yellow top batt $200

it seems like im missing something but the rest is wiring, relay, amp rack, labor, and other miscellaneous.

the only thing else included is the shop gives a 3 year warranty on everything they do, that includes the amp.

we usually do this stuff ourself but this is out of our span and we he wants it to look pro' something we dont worry about when we do it.

There is other equipment that you can buy online to take to the shop and have them install it for a smaller overall total but if your set on those exact products with the warranty there offering then go for it. Just my .02, make sure the shop is a good shop and they walk you through what they are doing before hand to see if you get a good vibe from them.

I think you should get different equipment. You can get an XS Power batt for a little more change and you can get a Sundown amp for a cheaper price as well with it being around the same power.

Some shops do amazing work and is worth every penny.. on the other hand some shops do complete garbage.

We cannot tell you if it is worth it without knowing ANYTHING about the shop or previous installs.

IF IT SEEMS SKETCHY THEN IT IS!

Edited by BanginGMC

does that total price include the subs or do you have them already?

imo....

ill do some shopping online.

for $2200 you can get alot more

200 for yellowtop? and 1300 for 2500 watts? No, thank you.

FYI: Yellow Tops go for 70+ all day on craigslist.com

^

Yup, I will be selling 3 of them soon and was looking for $75ea.

OP, if you think it's a good deal then it is. That is all that matters. There is no shame in making money thats why they are in business and shops warranty equipment they install so take that in to consideration. I would not do that deal personally, but if you feel okay with it then go for it.

200 for yellowtop? and 1300 for 2500 watts? No, thank you.

x2 I would check to see how much the install is with your own equipment, also if they warranty their work. Who knows, maybe it will work out being the same price getting better equipment plus the same great install. Keep a copy of that quote too, I had a shop threaten to keep my car if I didn't pay the extra money they were charging for things they never mentioned they would do.

Thanks for the replys probably have him get other equipment and just have them build box. I would do sundown and powermasters but will c