BASSnoob

GOOD GROUND amplifier heating up

What does your electrical system consist of?

0 gauge big 3 0 gauge grounds and positive, 1 kinetic hc600 on back and stock alternator..

Stock battery as well? How big is your alternator?

A stock battery, and an HC 600 really aren't enough for a 2,500 watt amp. I'm surprised your Q isn't dead from clipping yet.

A stock battery, and an HC 600 really aren't enough for a 2,500 watt amp. I'm surprised your Q isn't dead from clipping yet.

should i get a bigger battery?? and what do you mean by clipping?? the sub gets warm but not hot.. and also i make sure the subwoofer isnt bottoming out..

Getting warm is normal, but clipping will cause thermal failure of your woofer. Your amplifier sends a square signal to the woofer, not a sine wave, when it does not have the necessary power your telling it to amplify (with the volume knob).

Getting warm is normal, but clipping will cause thermal failure of your woofer. Your amplifier sends a square signal to the woofer, not a sine wave, when it does not have the necessary power your telling it to amplify (with the volume knob).

so should i get another battery or bigger alternator? also if i get bigger alternator will it fry my electrical system on the everyday componets that are used in the car??

A larger alternator will not fry your electronics, it will merely output more amps than your stock alternator.

If you plan on upgrading at all, get a bigger alternator, if you plan on sticking with that amp get a bigger battery, replace the one under the hood with a better battery or get a bigger Kinetik for the rear, both if you want. Nothing wrong with extra power.

A larger alternator will not fry your electronics, it will merely output more amps than your stock alternator.

If you plan on upgrading at all, get a bigger alternator, if you plan on sticking with that amp get a bigger battery, replace the one under the hood with a better battery or get a bigger Kinetik for the rear, both if you want. Nothing wrong with extra power.

what size kinetic do you recomend me getting?? becuase i plan on getting another fully loaded fi q 15 soon. im currently running 1 but going to run 2 and run the amp at 2 ohms run subwoofers at 4 ohms a peace..

So you have a D2 Q? What is your amp wired to, 1 or 4 ohms? Try wiring to 4 ohms, as that will help with heat and your electrical system a lot.

So you have a D2 Q? What is your amp wired to, 1 or 4 ohms? Try wiring to 4 ohms, as that will help with heat and your electrical system a lot.

my amp is wired to 1 ohm. ill wire the sub to 4 ohms so the amp performs at 4 ohms probably 400p-600 wrms :( for right now.. but what will i do when i get my second Q? SHOULD I GET A 24OO KINETIK BATTER ON BACK? because then i def will have to wire the amplifier down to 2 ohms..