Sign in to follow this  
bigmikekc

head unit dimming?

i have a kenwood KDC-MP245 in my 1997 honda accord with no subs hooked up just my alpine sps-600 speakers in the doors and when i turn it up and the bass hits the head unit will start dimming but not the head lights. does anyone know why this is happening?

i have a kenwood KDC-MP245 in my 1997 honda accord with no subs hooked up just my alpine sps-600 speakers in the doors and when i turn it up and the bass hits the head unit will start dimming but not the head lights. does anyone know why this is happening?

bad ground you ground the headunit common in pioneers

bad ground you ground the headunit common in pioneers

ok. how do i check the voltage of my car?

with a dmm on your batt. terminals

fix it before your sorry....

are these new speakers ran off the headunit? or a amp?

do you have a sub on that system... ran off the RCAs of the headunit or off a LOC ?

eitherway at this point you need to add a ground to the back of your stereo.. pull it out.. remove a case screw.. tap a ground in.. off somthing other then your wire harness ground....