Sign in to follow this  
kwc280

Death Row 12

I have a Alphasonik PMA600HCA that is rated at 1800rms at 1ohm and I was wondering if one death row 12 would take the full power of my amp on a daily basis but I tend to turn everything down on the cd player unless I am showing off

Keep the gains down some, no bass boost, the box size will play a role as well and good control of the volume knob. If you do decide to go all out just listen for sounds of distortion, bottoming out or anything that sounds out the ordinary and you will be fine. Hope that helps.

thanks man i am probably going to go ahead and order on of them I am trying to decide between the death row and something like the Fi BL or BTL. Would the Death Row be better than the BL?

thanks man i am probably going to go ahead and order on of them I am trying to decide between the death row and something like the Fi BL or BTL. Would the Death Row be better than the BL?

Have you considered a death penalty? That would do great on 1800 rms.

IA DR and the Fi BL will be similar on power handling and output.

IA DP and Fi BTL are going to be an all out high power, high output driver.

As far as which will get louder depends on box, electrical and overall install.

Overhead will not hurt anything as long as you know when a driver is stressing (Distortion).

The IA DR series is a great driver and gets low and loud,

What ^ said.

If you are conservative with the gains and don't go crazy with the volume, you'll be okay with a DR. Haven't heard a BL or BTL, but I own a DR15, and I love it.

Kef

Ok I had a spl 15 on the amp wired at 2ohms so it was only getting 900 wrms and it was stupid loud we had to unplug the rca's in order to talk when listening to rick ross on a road trip. I want almost the same volume I have now just want more space I figure if I am pushing to much power to it I can unbridge it and hook it to one of my channels. How many watts will the dr handle on burps?

If I bought a new amp how good are the audiopipe ap15001d or the ap10001d? which would be the better amp to run?

You get what you pay for!

There are members here who run the AP amps and have had good luck with them.

:shrug:

ok im thinking more like a saz1000 or a elemental design nine.1 for a new amp or something like that when i upgrade

The SAZ-1000D has benn discontinued. You could look into the SAX-1200D.

If it were me I would stay away from eD. Just my .02!