bigrank916

Alt request

Hey guys. Have a specific request for this vehicle as it isnt on the site. I will be using around 3k rms and would like as much idle output as possible. Thanks dudes. :drink40:

Unfortunately, you have an uphill battle on this car.. You have a 1.0L 3 cylinder, and a 3 groove belt which is going to make things tough.. Im sure we could make something that would fit, but you dont have enough engine or belt to drive something big. It may not seem like a big deal, but we've put 180's on some 4 cyl cars in the shop, and at idle they just run into a wall because the engine will only turn so much alternator at idle. With the power your running, a 180 would work best because your really past the physical limits of what the belt will turn.. Im not trying to talk you out of it or anything, Im just trying to be realistic with you so you know what to expect.. Let me know.. Rob

Actually its not for the Geo but a Mercedes instead. I might not have made that totally clear. Lol. Its for a 2002 Mercedes C230 kompressor with a 4 cylinder.

Bump for the 2.3 L. :)

Also Rob, what would be the price on that 180 amp for the Geo?

that geo would die with a DC power xp alt. lol

That's what everyone keeps telling me and I'm wondering...how the hell is Dylan using two on his punisher? I figure one is stock and the other was a small case GM???

Hate to have to change vehicles again...but if I have to! Lol.

We have a really solid 250 for these that will be your best bet.. They'll do an honest 140-150 at idle, which for your car and pulley ratios is outstanding.. You can run a large case GM in there with brackets, but in all honesty the Bosch alternator on that car is a better alternator and will outrun most GM AD244's at idle because of the pulley ratios.. I almost did an XP for these during our last production run, but I only had 150 slugs cut and needed the pieces I was going to use for those for another part.. We get a fair amount of requests for Mercedes stuff, so we will probably do the XP's at some point, but as Phi mentioned, on some cars the XP's are just tooooo much alternator.. On the Mercedes I would also have to deal with the pulleys because the stock pulley is too small in diameter to run an XP, just too much alt and not enough pulley.. Let me know what you think, Rob